TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Sony Announces SmartBand at MWC 2014: Set to be Available this March
Sony's new wearable device, dubbed SmartBand, has finally been made official. Reports coming directly out of the ongoing Mobile World Congress (MWC) state that Sony has not only unveiled the new SmartBand smartwatch, but it has also announced that the device will be available starting March.
The new SmartBand SWR10, which will also be released in a special edition that celebrates the upcoming Football World Cup in Brazil this summer, is basically a wristband that will introduce Sony's Core fitness-tracking technology on the user's wrist.
The idea the company has here with the Core technology in place is that users will be able to attach it to other different devices. Moreover, the device will also be fitted with a tiny camera module that will take snaps of the user with each day passing by - sort of creating a visual diary for the user.
Recommended: Sony at MWC 2014: Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet and M2 Officially Launched
Apart from that, the Core technology also integrates with a certain app called LifeLog. LifeLog tracks the user's activities and movements, and once paired with the concerned phone, the wristband will start vibrating if it detects that it has moved too far away from the phone (also acting as a potent facility in case your device is nabbed). Apart from that, the device is also be able to control music.
As far as the special World Cup edition is concerned, with the 2014 FIFA World Cup kicking off in Brazil this June. And to celebrate one of the greatest spectacle on earth, Sony will start selling a SmartBand in the signature yellow and green jersey color made famous by the team that has won the competition most number of times, compared to others.
While the SmartBand is currently set to go on sale across the world, the prices are yet to be confirmed for the same. Stay Tuned to GizBot for more details.