TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
At Sony's pre-event IFA 2014 press conference, Japanese electronic giant has confirmed its plans to sell two new wearable devices that connect to smartphones using Bluetooth connection. The Japanese giant today officially unveiled the much talked SmartWatch 3 - an Android Wear powered smartwatch.
Contrary to reports, Sony's third generation intelligent watch will run on Google-backed Android Wear platform, instead of propriety OS. The company also introduces a SmartBand Talk with an e-paper display and sleep detection.
Earlier this year, Sony apparently said that they would rather stick to home baked smartwartch OS instead of joining the Android Wear brigade. Now, Sony has full embraced Google's Android Wear platform.
In respect of design, the Smartwatch 3 feels sporty and comes with detachable silicon straps. Notably, the intelligent watch is rugged in nature that's because of an IP68 waterproof rating. There's a 1.6-inch display with a 320 x 320-pixels.
The interface of the watch is similar to any Android Wear powered smartwatch such as the Samsung Gear Live. Being an Android Wear watch, you always have an option to download tons of paid and free apps. Sony has also made a special Walkman app, for its Smartwatch 3. There's a special health and lifestyle tracking app called as LifeLog.
Under the hood is a 1.2GHz quad-core processor powered, accompanied with a 420mAh battery. According to Sony promises, the watch will last up to 2 days. The SmartWatch 3 will go on sale in Europe at 229.99 Euro or about Rs.18, 320. No word on India release just yet.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!