TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
Off late, Sony has been making a strong push in the handset market with two back-to back hits. The company rose to fame when they launched their much hyped Xperia Z2 at this year's MWC tech show.
Since then Sony is doing fairly decent in the handset business. Not many know that Sony was among the first wave of companies to invest in the wearable devices segment.
While everyone talks about Samsung's move in the wearable gadget business, it seems that Sony has been completely ignored. One shouldn't forget that Sony is still an active player in this niche segment.
Sources close to Digi-Wo claim that the SmartWatch 3 will get official at IFA 2014. The intelligent watch, however, is said to run on its own OS rather than Google's latest Android Wear.
Sony's existing SmartWatch 2, which might be discontinued after the release of third-gen hardware, is now selling for as low as Rs.10,000 through various online retailers in India.
Although there is no mention of hardware enhancement, but the upcoming intelligent watch may come with a built-in Wi-Fi module. The source also claims the device will feature wireless charging. That simply means you don't have to plug in the watch to a nearby socket each time.
And the sad part; Sony-made smart watch will retain a similar form factor and design as the current-gen watch. Those of you who were anticipating owning a Moto 360-like watch will be disappointed. Notably, the SmartWatch 3 is said to be waterproof and dust-resistant.
No info on the Sony SmartWatch 3 is expected before September 4. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!