- 10 min ago Amazon Offers Attractive Discounts On These Smartphones
- 3 hrs ago Realme Narzo 10A To Be Available For Sale Today Via Flipkart: Price And Specifications
- 12 hrs ago TCL QLED Smart TV Series Set To Debut On June 18 In India
- 13 hrs ago List Of Vivo Smartphones Expected To Launch Soon In India
- Finance Reliance Industries Shares Hit All-Time High On 6th Deal In 6 Weeks
- Lifestyle National Cancer Survivors Day 7 June: Stomach Cancer Causes, Symptoms, Treatment And Prevention
- News 176 Indian citizens from Bahrain, Oman complete quarantine at Naval Base in Kochi
- Automobiles TVS XL 100 New EMI Scheme Launched: ‘Buy Now Pay After Six Months’
- Sports Jasprit Bumrah says Lasith Malinga is "the best yorker bowler in the world"
- Movies Tiger Shroff Lookalike Dances To Michael Jackson Amid Heavy Storm, Video Goes Viral!
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In Times Asia University Rankings 2020
Top 10 Most Talked About Gadgets of 2014
The past 12 months have been full of excitement with new swanky gadgets getting launched every day. Samsung takes the lead with the Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge, the latter smartphone comes with an edge display.
Other than Samsung, the Cupertino-based giant has had a fruitful year. The tech giant once again proved immensely popular amongst its fans with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Plus, we also get to see the arrival of the Apple Watch. Although the Apple Watch is yet to go on sale, buzz around the device is hard to ignore for sure.
The biggest surprise for us, however, came in the form of the BlackBerry Passport. The odd looking business-centric smartphone gave the ailing giant a new lease of life.
Additional surprises came with the form of successful debut of the HTC Re action camera. In addition to that, Sony led the home console market with the PlayStation 4, selling a whooping 16 million units in such a small time period. Similarly, Microsoft continued to dominate the tablet market with the Surface Pro 3.
Read on to find out which gadget made it to our year end list. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!
Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Oh, Apple has finally unveiled the Apple Watch. The much-awaited time piece comes in three different styles, including the basic Watch, the Watch Sport, and the Watch Edition. The Apple Watch is made for select gentry, with the high-end edition expected to cost $5,000.
The BlackBerry Passport is certainly a well conceived product. It comes bearing the same dimensions as a standard US passport, making the design strange yet usable for business executives. Therefore, our verdict is in favor of BlackBerry's flagship device, the Passport.
HTC Re Camera
Here's another surprise that wasn't even considered to sustain on its own. The device has a periscope-shaped action cam that can be held in your hand or adjusted in shirt pocket, providing an all together different prospective to the action-camera market. To be honest, the HTC Re action camera is a rare device that shouldn't be missed out.
For just Rs. 2,990, you're getting a full blown streaming device. It can stream your favorite videos, movies, and television shows from your phone or tablet directly to your TV.
Microsoft Surface Pro 3
For many the tablet computer is enough for regular work. Well, the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is more than a tablet. In fact it is a mash up of a regular laptop and a tablet device. It's a proper hybrid machine designed to replace the traditional laptop computer. Unfortunately, the Surface Pro 3 is not available in India.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge
Samsung continued to show its momentum with the premium priced Galaxy Note series. This year we saw the incoming of the Galaxy Note 4- its more sophisticated handset ever. Its powerful Snapdragon chipset offers more power than any other rival handset in the same league. In addition to the Note 4, Samsung surprised many with a brand new Galaxy Note Edge. With a curved Quad HD resolution display, the device became the only smartphone that boasts a forward looking design. The crazy beast is headed to India next month.
Sony PlayStation 4
Sony's ambitious home console, the PlayStation 4, is selling faster than any other console launched ever. The hit console helped the ailing Japanese giant to build a strong relationship with developer community, which was lacking during the PlayStation 3 era. The PS4′s launch line-up is stronger than, and therefore it's too hard for Microsoft to rule the console market throughout 2015.
Oculus Rift is the virtual reality headset that started the initial boom. The Rift plugs into your PC and tracks your head movements to provide 3D imagery to its stereo screens. The concept proved hit among the tech industry.