- 54 min ago Xiaomi Mi TV Lux 4K OLED TV With 120Hz Display Announced: All You Need To Know
- 1 hr ago OPPO A52: Elevating The Consumer Experience With Impeccable Design & Powerful Performance
- 1 hr ago LG Rollable Smartphone Coming Soon; Competition For Foldables?
- 1 hr ago Alleged Oppo A92 5G Spotted On TENAA: Expected Specification & More
- Movies Bhanumathi And Ramakrishna Review: Rom-Com Receives Positive Response From Critics
- Finance Gold Price In India Falls Even As Global Rates Remain Steady On Risk-On Sentiment And Firm Rupee
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas Give Couple Goals As They Play Piano Together In Coordinated Outfits
- News PM Modi in Ladakh, Rahul Gandhi fires fresh salvo over border standoff
- Sports No evidence: say Sri Lanka police, close probe into 2011 World Cup final
- Automobiles 1,200 Vehicles Fined In Noida For Violating COVID-19 Rules & Regulations
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
PS5 Vs PS4: In-Depth Hardware Comparison
Just a day after the official hardware announcement of Xbox Series X, Sony has also revealed the actual specs sheet of the Sony PS5, which is also likely to launch this holiday season.
As one can anticipate, the PlayStation 5 is much faster compared to the current generation PlayStation 4 in almost all aspects, this might also result in an increased starting price, compared to PS4. Here is an in-depth comparison between the PS4 and PS5 in terms of hardware and gaming capabilities.
PS5 Vs PS4: CPU
The PS4 comes with an eight-core CPU with 1.6GHz based on Jaguar architecture. Similarly, the PS5 also offers an eight-core CPU with 3.5GHz clock speed and these cores are based on the Zen2 architecture. Compared to PS4, the PS5 offers double the clock speed and is based on a much efficient architecture.
PS5 Vs PS4: GPU
The PS4 offers 18 CUs with a clock speed of 800HMz, delivering a peak graphics performance of 1.84TFLOPs and is based on the custom GCN architecture. The PS5 comes with a massive 36 CUs that run at a peak clock speed of 2.23GHz, delivering the power of a total graphic of 10.28TFLOPs and the GPU is based on custom RDAN 2 architecture.
PS5 Vs PS4: Memory Interface And Memory Bandwidth
The PS5 offers 16GB of GDDR6 video memory (448GB/s) and uses a 256bit bus interface, whereas the PS4 comes with 8GB of GDDR5 video memory (176GB/s) and it also comes with a 256bit bus interface. Thanks to GDDR6, the PS5 will be able to deliver better graphics.
PS5 Vs PS4: Internal And External Storage
The PS5 uses a custom SSD with 825GB of storage space, whereas the PS4 uses a 500GB HDD. On PS5, there is an additional NVMe SSD slot to expand the storage, and on PS4 one needs to replace the internal HDD to increase built-in storage. Both models do support external HDD via the USB port.
PS5 Vs PS4: IO Throughput
The PS5 can give a raw output of 5.5GB/s and a compressed output of 8-9GB/s. On the PS4, the maximum data output rate is between 50-100MB/s, and it completely depends on where the data is stored on the HDD.
PS5 Vs PS4: Optical Drive
The PS5 and the PS4 come with a Blue-ray drive and the one on the PS5 can support 4K UHD playback. This drive can be used to play games and watch high-resolution movies on both models.