TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
iOS fans and hard-core gamers following the famed Final Fantasy franchise have a lot to cheer about. According to reports, Square-Enix has launched Final Fantasy VI for iOS devices. And this comes shortly after the company officially unveiled Final Fantasy IV: The After Years last November.
Final Fantasy VI, which first debuted back in 1994 as the sixth installment in the massively popular Final Fantasy series, centers around rebels Terra and Locke as they battle an evil force known only as The Empire.
The title's gameplay centers around the series' fast-paced real time battle system, which has now been brought over with recreated graphics and a touch-optimized battle interface, with the game also supporting iCloud data syncing across devices.
"With plenty of abilities available and the magicite system for controlling spells/summoning, players can develop their characters any way they want. This was also the first FINAL FANTASY game to include the Ultima Weapon, the most powerful sword of all and a recurring item in subsequent titles within the series," the official page for the same states.
Square Enix also states that in order to bring over the best experience possible via a smartphone screen, all in-game graphics have been "painstakingly recreated." Moreover, Kazuko Shibuya, one of the graphics designers involved with the original Final Fantasy series from the very start, has personally worked on the main characters in the mobile version of the game and supervised the recreation of the game's graphics.
Now, the version released for smartphone gameplay includes the new magicites and events that were introduced back in 2006 when the game was remade.
As of now, Final Fantasy VI is available for download for iOS-based devices (iPhone 4s or later, iPad 2 or later), and is available at Apple's iTunes Store.