TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
iOS fans and hard-core gamers following the famed Final Fantasy franchise have a lot to cheer about. According to reports, Square-Enix has launched Final Fantasy VI for iOS devices. And this comes shortly after the company officially unveiled Final Fantasy IV: The After Years last November.
Final Fantasy VI, which first debuted back in 1994 as the sixth installment in the massively popular Final Fantasy series, centers around rebels Terra and Locke as they battle an evil force known only as The Empire.
The title's gameplay centers around the series' fast-paced real time battle system, which has now been brought over with recreated graphics and a touch-optimized battle interface, with the game also supporting iCloud data syncing across devices.
"With plenty of abilities available and the magicite system for controlling spells/summoning, players can develop their characters any way they want. This was also the first FINAL FANTASY game to include the Ultima Weapon, the most powerful sword of all and a recurring item in subsequent titles within the series," the official page for the same states.
Square Enix also states that in order to bring over the best experience possible via a smartphone screen, all in-game graphics have been "painstakingly recreated." Moreover, Kazuko Shibuya, one of the graphics designers involved with the original Final Fantasy series from the very start, has personally worked on the main characters in the mobile version of the game and supervised the recreation of the game's graphics.
Now, the version released for smartphone gameplay includes the new magicites and events that were introduced back in 2006 when the game was remade.
As of now, Final Fantasy VI is available for download for iOS-based devices (iPhone 4s or later, iPad 2 or later), and is available at Apple's iTunes Store.