TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Microsoft has just acquired Mojang-- a Swedish video game developing company for a sum of $2.5 billion. It is not sure what Microsoft will do with the new acquisition but it is sure that the software giant is looking forward to make its gaming aspect more potential.
Mojang, with its best and popular game Minecraft fetched over 287 million US dollars revenue for the country in 2013. Moreover, taking into account all platforms, Minecraft has sold over 54 million copies. In fact, this is possibly the most vast game with a virtual space that measures 9 million times the size of Earth.
You can play Minecraft by yourself and also create things on your own. Also you can connect to the huge community in multiplayer worlds, where you can work together to build things. However, it is not those high-end graphic featuring game but it is more like a digital Lego.
The acquisition of Mojang will help Microsoft expand its gaming division which also includes game franchises such as the Halo shooter game and Forza racing game.
As far as Mojang history is concerned, it was co-founded in 2009 by Markus Persson who developed the Minecraft game. Markus Persson previously worked at Sweden's King Digital Entertainment Plc who made the Candy Crush Saga game. However, with this acquisition Persson will be departing the Mojang.
We will keep you updated more about the tech industry. All you need to do is just stay tuned to us.