- 13 hrs ago Logitech MX Master 3 Review: The Only Wireless Mouse Your Will Ever Need
- 13 hrs ago How to Remove Primary Bank Account From Paytm | How to Deregister UPI From Paytm
- 13 hrs ago Poco X3 Launching On September 22: What Are Your Alternative Mid-Range Options?
- 13 hrs ago How To Take Screenshot In Jio Phone
- News EC refers false affidavit allegations against Uddhav Thackeray, Supriya Sule to CBDT
- Sports IPL 2020: KXIP's Chris Jordan gets hammered for 30 runs in an over, enters unwanted club
- Movies Bigg Boss 6 Fame Sapna Bhavnani Plans To File Complaint Against Man Who Sexually Abused Her
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amit Aggarwal’s Latest Collection Is About Soothing Underwater Hues
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Automobiles EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Facebook Games Come To iOS But Skips Instant Gaming Feature
Facebook is one of the new members to cash in on the gaming boom. The Facebook Games is now available on iOS, however, it skips the instant games feature due to Apple's policies. This means that Facebook Games doesn't have its mini-game feature in the app due to the Apple App Store policies.
Facebook Games Launched
Facebook Games is the latest offering from the social media platform. Just like Twitch, Facebook Games offers streaming of live games. Interested players can play games instantly, and join groups centered on games that interest them. In other words, Facebook Games is like a joint platform that syncs gaming and streaming.
Facebook Games Delayed By Apple
However, Facebook Games has taken a while to hit the App Store. This is because Facebook reportedly spent months in submission and rejection while in talks with Apple. Explaining the delay, Facebook's tweet mentions that Apple rejected the app based on the App Store guidelines 4.7, under the assumption that the primary focus of the app is to play games.
🍏🎮🧵— Facebook Gaming (@FacebookGaming) August 7, 2020
1/ Well, we have some good news. We’re launching the standalone Facebook Gaming app today on iOS! Download today 👉 https://t.co/MhNbh3nOwA
We know many creators and fans have been waiting a long time for it, so thanks for sitting tight.
On the other hand, Facebook notes that Apple's claim was untrue. Despite submitting clarifications, Apple continued to ghost them, Facebook claims. Nevertheless, the Facebook Games is now available on iOS, even if it skips the instant gaming feature. Facebook said, "...We could have tried additional appeals, we didn't want to hold back from launching the version for live streamers and fans."
It should be noted that iOS users of Facebook Games will have a slightly lesser experience than their Android counterparts. Certain mini-games available on Android won't be available on iOS, Facebook noted. The social media platform noted that it would continue to bring the complete experience of Facebook Games to iOS users, even if it isn't a standalone app.
Complains Against Apple
This isn't the first time a company has voiced against Apple's stringent policies for the App Store. More recently, Microsoft voiced a similar concern against Apple's App Store guidelines. Apple, on the other hand, has consistently rooted out apps with malicious behavior and has upheld its strict policies when it comes to the user's safety. For now, Facebook said it would continue to work to bring out the best experience, but it remains to see what the company would do.