TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
U4iA Games' core, multiplayer first-person shooter Offensive Combat was out on Facebook recently with more than 500,000 active players. The new game bolsters Facebook's unmatched selection of social games with console-quality competitive multiplayer gameplay. The game is playable as a Facebook App and included in the Action games section of the App Center.
Casual and simulation games once dominated Facebook, but new, fast-paced, competitive, web-powered games are being introduced to challenge traditional console and PC ecosystems. More than 251 million people play games on Facebook.com every month, and Offensive Combat now strengthens Facebook's offerings for core players.
"We designed Offensive Combat for a fast-growing segment of core gamers who want a fine-tuned, eSport-level FPS game that can be played anywhere, anytime via their web browser, and not limited by a major software install or the need for dedicated hardware," said Chris Archer, co-founder and CCO of U4iA Games.
"There's no better platform than Facebook to seamlessly connect with your friends and play our game. We have already seen six-fold active user growth in a limited test over the holidays," said Dusty Welch, co-founder and CEO of U4iA Games. "Hundreds of millions of gamers are clamoring for competitive gaming action they can play with all of their friends, and Offensive Combat is delivering that experience."
Offensive Combat players can arm their character with elements from more than 30 video game archetypes, including modern soldiers, space marines, robots and more. A robust skill tree and deep weapon customization system, which includes an exclusive "spin to win" feature, means players can modify their arsenal in thousands of ways.
A growing list of multiplayer game types and nine playable maps are available now, with new content being added regularly. The game is free-to-play, and for a limited time, gamers can invite their friends and receive in-game coins for themselves and a buddy.