TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Ouya: A new Android based gaming console from Xbox Creator
The co-founder of Microsoft Xbox is said to be now working on developing an android based gaming console that will have built-in games for free. This Android gaming console is expected to be made available for a retail price tag of approximately Rs 6,000 as per the initial reports. The gaming console once it becomes a reality, could redefine the next generation gaming world. This ambitious project is still in its developmental stages. The project is named as ‘Ouya’. An affordable price tag is sure to make this gaming console a point of discussion among the gaming fanatics.
• Rounded Cubical Design
• Affordable Price
• Free built-in Games to play
This Android based gaming console is expected to provide a stiff competition to even the popular Xbox that is available for the same price tag. In the case of Xbox, users will have to oblige to a two-year subscription towards Xbox Live for getting it at Rs 6,000 price range. However, we don’t expect any such obligation with this new android gaming console which is in the making.
Availability of games for free in the console would attract those users who are not keen on spending much for playing games. However, there are some concerns on the quality of the games being bundled in this gaming console as they are given free. The company sources have made it clear that they will ensure good quality games as they are adopting an ad funded model.
There is an increasing possibility that users could play the existing android games on this gaming console, as well. As far as the design of the gaming console is concerned, it is unclear of how users can establish a connection with the TV. There is also a rumour in the air about the development of a separate ‘Ouya Market’ from where users can purchase and download the Ouya compatible games.
This Android gaming console is expected to have a rounded cubical exterior. We will have to wait and see unless to know more about this Android gaming console. The concept of a budget friendly Android based gaming console with in-build free games on an ad-funded model seems interesting. Let us see how this performs in market once it is out.