TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Sony has an upper hand when comes to Asia, and PlayStation is indeed a popular way for gamers. The Japanese company who is all set to announce the next iteration to PlayStation 3 later this month announced the availability of ‘Ice- Silver ‘ PS Vita. The new shiny console will grace select Asian territories for HK$ 2,280(Rs.15, 640).
Already, Japan, for instance, gets major colored (Limited edition) PlayStation consoles. Few select territories such as Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia, are now getting special treatment from Japanese giant. The Wi-Fi (not 3G) ‘Ice- Silver' PS Vita handheld console will arrive on February 28, in Hong Kong among other Asian nations. The company did not mention that whether India also privileged to get handsome colored console in the coming days or not.
PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) is the most powerful handheld console available at the moment. Its predecessor, PlayStation Portable, managed to shift more than 70 million consoles in its life time. The PSP is still a popular handheld console in Japan even after the launch of PS Vita.
The PlayStation Vita is a new age handheld console with the goodness of smartphone type features. It has a powerful Quad-core Cortex - A9 processor, enough to run high quality games. The device features a large 5-inch OLED touch display, a rear touch pad, cameras on the front and back, Wi-Fi, 3G (select models), Sixaxis motion sensor, and 512MB of RAM. The console has a new brushed OS which gives a feel of MeeGo and WebOS platforms. The device is a part of eight generation of game consoles, and it competes with Nintendo 3DS and Apple iOS devices.
Sony didn't achieve its target sales with PS Vita. The console lags in sale numbers when compared to its nearest rival 3DS. The company last year announced the coming of PlayStation Plus, on its handheld console. The paid service for buying games from PlayStation Network has constantly looked as savior to boost PS Vita sales. During the Black Friday period, Sony last year sold 160,000 units of PS Vita in America.
Many gaming pundits predicted that this year, possibly at E3 gaming event, Sony will slash the price tag associated with PS Vita. Due to the lack of killer games available on PS Vita: the system is not shifting in valuable proportions.