TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Play Station4 may be released by Sony Corp this year for a price of $430 (Rs. 22,900 approx). The company also plans to give its predecessor a touch panel control. The users of PS3 will also be able to use social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.
The new features of the Play Station will be revealed at a Play Station meeting on February 20, by Andrew House, the game Chief of Sony. The reports about the release came out in a Japanese newspaper, however, Sony declined to comment on the reports.
A Play Station meeting is to be held in the city of New York after a period of 2 years and is one of the major Play Station meetings. A similar meeting was hosted by Sony earlier where it revealed the Vita prototype. The meeting previous to it was held in 2005, a couple of months later the PS3 release. It is to be noted that PS3 saw a whopping sales of 70 million units.
Sony has taken a longer time to launch PS4, compared to the time it took between PS2 and PS3 launch. The time span is longer at 6 years. The gaming market today is seeing new avenues and is rising constantly due to the increase in the smartphone and tablet users. The devices are also seen to be attracting casual gamers with a lot of freebies.
The new mobile gaming trend has forced companies like Nintendo and Sony to adopt new strategies to win over more gamers into consoles. The third-quarter result of Sony is all set to be released soon.