TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
After teasing about it on Friday, Rovio has announced their newest bird slinging game - Angry Birds Star Wars 2 and will be launched on September 19 across app stores worldwide. The game will take on prequels, Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace, Episode 2: Attack of the Clones and Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith, introducing more then 30 new characters.
Rovio has also partnered with Hasbro to launch 30 collectable Telepods figures.Placing these figures onto your phone or tablet camera will scan your character of choice directly into the game, allowing you to select new characters on the fly. Apart form the Telepods figures, Rovio launched toys, clothing, books and other accessories.
The best part is, Rovio says for the first time ever, players will be able to join the pigs side.
"Angry Birds Star Wars was a blockbuster hit for us and Lucasfilm with over 100 million downloads since its release," said Rovio executive vice president of games Jami Laes in a press statement.
"We are thrilled to be able to introduce the exciting next chapter in the Angry Birds Star Wars saga to our fans around the world. Some of the most amazing character additions are versions of young Anakin, Mace Windu and Darth Maul. Hasbro's Telepods technology also provides a great way to extend the experience beyond the app and bring a whole new dimension to the gameplay." he adds