TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
After teasing about it on Friday, Rovio has announced their newest bird slinging game - Angry Birds Star Wars 2 and will be launched on September 19 across app stores worldwide. The game will take on prequels, Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace, Episode 2: Attack of the Clones and Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith, introducing more then 30 new characters.
Rovio has also partnered with Hasbro to launch 30 collectable Telepods figures.Placing these figures onto your phone or tablet camera will scan your character of choice directly into the game, allowing you to select new characters on the fly. Apart form the Telepods figures, Rovio launched toys, clothing, books and other accessories.
The best part is, Rovio says for the first time ever, players will be able to join the pigs side.
"Angry Birds Star Wars was a blockbuster hit for us and Lucasfilm with over 100 million downloads since its release," said Rovio executive vice president of games Jami Laes in a press statement.
"We are thrilled to be able to introduce the exciting next chapter in the Angry Birds Star Wars saga to our fans around the world. Some of the most amazing character additions are versions of young Anakin, Mace Windu and Darth Maul. Hasbro's Telepods technology also provides a great way to extend the experience beyond the app and bring a whole new dimension to the gameplay." he adds