TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
For all you Playstation 3 owners, the time has come for you to log onto Ebay and put those old consoles up for sale because the PlayStation 4 will be up for pre-order in India very shortly. According to Sony's India website, the Japanese Electronics giant will soon put up the next-gen console for pre-order over the next few days. The device will be available in India later this year.
Sources at Sony India have mentioned that India will get the PlayStation 4 a month after it makes its debut in Europe. The delay will be purely because of "logistical reasons". The company has not mentioned any launch date in its latest announcement, leaving us with the vague idea of "later in 2013".
Sony India's country head for PlayStation, Atindriya Bose said that "(the) India launch date will be declared at a later stage. The segregation of the launch dates has been done to have the best launch possible in each of the territories backed by adequate stocks available at launch date. The India launch date is being planned based on the logistics requirements and local market planning. The current exchange rate fluctuations mean that we will be able to declare the final launch price (both for the console as well as the games) at a date closer to the launch date."
Since the new console will be hitting European store shelves during the end of November, Gizbot expects the Indian roll out to happen during December.
If you're in too much of a hurry to wait for Sony to open up pre-orders on its site, then Indian gaming website Game4u.com has already opened pre-orders. By paying Rs.3,000 as bank deposit, which will later be deducted from the total amount, you can pre-order the device right away.