TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
For all you Playstation 3 owners, the time has come for you to log onto Ebay and put those old consoles up for sale because the PlayStation 4 will be up for pre-order in India very shortly. According to Sony's India website, the Japanese Electronics giant will soon put up the next-gen console for pre-order over the next few days. The device will be available in India later this year.
Sources at Sony India have mentioned that India will get the PlayStation 4 a month after it makes its debut in Europe. The delay will be purely because of "logistical reasons". The company has not mentioned any launch date in its latest announcement, leaving us with the vague idea of "later in 2013".
Sony India's country head for PlayStation, Atindriya Bose said that "(the) India launch date will be declared at a later stage. The segregation of the launch dates has been done to have the best launch possible in each of the territories backed by adequate stocks available at launch date. The India launch date is being planned based on the logistics requirements and local market planning. The current exchange rate fluctuations mean that we will be able to declare the final launch price (both for the console as well as the games) at a date closer to the launch date."
Since the new console will be hitting European store shelves during the end of November, Gizbot expects the Indian roll out to happen during December.
If you're in too much of a hurry to wait for Sony to open up pre-orders on its site, then Indian gaming website Game4u.com has already opened pre-orders. By paying Rs.3,000 as bank deposit, which will later be deducted from the total amount, you can pre-order the device right away.