TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Sony has announced that it sold 1 million units of its brand new PlayStation 4 console within 24 hours of its launch on November 15th.
Andrew House, president and group CEO for Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., said in a release that "sales remain strong in North America."
The much awaited gaming console went on sale in the US and Canada upon launch and it will be coming to other regions very soon. It will be available to buyers Europe and Latin America from November 29.
Previously, Sony had announced that it had received over a million advance orders for the console. Analysts expect to see sales og the gaming console to peak during the holiday season which is around the corner.
Apart from having to take on Nintendo's Wii U system, Sony will also have to fight off competition from Microsoft's new Xbox One gaming console, which will be launched on November 22nd. In the past, Microsoft's gaming consoles have always sold in higher number then Sony's PlayStation range.
Apart form that, Sony's new console comes with a few short comings. While it can play Blu-Ray discs and DVDs, it can't play CDs and MP3 files via its two USB ports. Also worth noting is that the console can't play 3D Blu-Ray discs.
The PS4 was launched for a price of $399 (about Rs.25,000), while the Xbox One will be available at a price of $499 (about Rs.31,332).
Stay tuned to GizBot for more information on this topic. Follow us on FB, Google + and Twitter for Instant updates.