- 3 hrs ago Indian Consumer Prefer To Watch OTT Content For Free
- 7 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Camera Modes – How To Capture 48MP Photos, Night Shots And More
- 8 hrs ago Honor 20 Achieved One Million Sale Of Units In Just 14 Days
- 9 hrs ago Samsung India Ready Action Achieved 161.8 Million Engagements On Social Media
- News Cyclone Vayu, headed for North Gujarat, to weaken further
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Super Shakib inspires Bangladesh to thumping win over Windies
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Automobiles Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Sony’s sixth generation video gaming console PS2 and PS3!
Playstation – A word which can instantly make gamers excited, is actually the name given to the largest selling and most popular video game console franchise in the World, manufactured by Sony. The Sony PS2 or Playstation 2 is Sony’s sixth generation video gaming console filled with lots of cool features. Playstation 2 gained instant popularity and became a mega hit beating the popularity of its predecessor – The Playstation. Sony PS3 or Playstation 3 is the extremely successful successor of Playstation 2. PS3 comes with the coolest technologies, powerful hardware specs and a sleek and brilliant design.
Although the PS3 is the most superior in the Sony Playstation line up, PS2 is the most widely used. PS2 has even become a common household name in a few continents. PS3, on the other hand, is easily picking up the pace to be a device which people are not going to forget for a few decades. PS3 is so powerful that it has only two strong rivals, till date – Microsoft Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii.
Key features of Playstation 2 and Playstation 3
Backwards compatibility – You can play games intended for the original Playstation
Good graphics power with Sony’s innovative Emotion Engine
DVD Playback capability
Huge library of video games
Super High definition Blu Ray Disc Playback
Easy access to Internet and hence allows online gaming
Stereoscopic 3D support
On board Hard disk offering mass storage capacity
Allows remote connection to Playstation Portable, and share contents
Saves loading time of video games by installing them in Hard disk
Increasing number of high definition games with breath taking graphics and quality
Sony Wireless DualShock 3 Controller
Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR
It is pretty clear that the Playstation 3 is more feature rich. But still Playstation 2 is preferred more by people, most likely because of the fact that the Playstation 2 is very much affordable, has backwards compatibility and a larger video game library than Playstation 3. The most noted demerits of the Playstation 3 are that it is expensive and it has no backwards compatibility so PS2 games aren’t supported.
Apparently, PS3’s features and raw power are attracting more and more people each year and new video games for PS3 keeps coming at a fast rate. The access to Internet, Online gaming, Stereoscopic 3D, Wireless controllers, Bluetooth connectivity, large on board hard disks etc make the PS3 one of the most desirable video game console as well as a personal Blu-Ray player, supporting full HD 1080p resolutions for videos and photos alike.
Its big storage capacity makes it useful as an external storage source as well. To top it off PS3 also comes with an HDMI port and WiFi which the PS2 lacks.
The Sony Playstation 2 is priced at around Rs 7,000/- while Sony Playstation 3 comes in two models. But now only the PS3 Slim model is available, which has a price tag of around Rs 20,000/-, coming with a 320 GB hard disk, while for a PS3 Slim of 160 GB HD, the price of around Rs 18,000/-.