TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Temple Run 2 game has become the fastest growing game on mobile platform and has crossed the 50 million download mark within two weeks. This gigantic figure encompasses both iOS and Android platform downloads. The previous record had been held by the mobile game Angry Birds space which took 35 days to attain this mark.
The successor to Temple Run was released on January 17th for the iOS platform and quickly hit the top spot in the charts. Following the success of the game on the App Store, Imangi Studios, the creators of the game, released the game ion Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore. The predecessor of the game was launched back in 2011 and currently has 170 million downloads to its credit.
The 50 million milestone was achieved by the game, developed by a husband and wife duo, in just 13 days. When launched in the App Store, the game had garnered six million downloads in 24 hours. The release in the other stores further propelled the download rate of the game. Temple Run 2 has now made a permanent mark in all of mobile gaming history.
Temple Run has transcended beyond a normal mobile game by its many offerings. These include digital comics along with Ape entertainment, Spin Master board and card games, JEM Sportswear and other licensing partnerships.
Back in June 2012, Disney Pixar and Imangi Studios had launched ‘Temple Run: Brave' which combines Temple Run game and an animated film from Disney Pixar, ‘Brave'. The game hit the top spot soon after its release on App Store.