- 16 min ago Onida Fire TV Edition Launched For Rs. 12,999 In India
- 27 min ago Reasons That Made Apple AirPods 'Product Of The Decade' Over iPhones
- 1 hr ago Paytm Mall 'The Grand Gadget Sale': Discounts On Gadgets From JBL, Sony, Motorola And Other Brands
- 1 hr ago WhatsApp Will Not Work On These iOS, Android, Windows Phone Devices From 2020
- News RSTV briefly stops telecast of Citizenship Bill discussion on instruction from Naidu
- Lifestyle 12 Affordable Christmas Gift Ideas To Make Your Loved Ones Feel Special
- Movies Sathish-Sindhu Wedding Ceremony: Vijay Sethupathi, Sivakarthikeyan & Others Attend Event!
- Sports Australia vs New Zealand, 1st Test: Preview, Dream11 prediction, team news, where to watch
- Finance Bharat Bond ETF Issue Opens On Dec 12: Should You Invest?
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
BenQ TK800 4K HDR projector review: Theatre like cinema experience at home
The 4K smartphone television is booming in India, where a user can buy a smart-television with the true 4K resolution for less than Rs 50,000 price mark. In this era of smart-tv, BenQ has launched a new 4K projector, which offers a bunch of premium features over the standard television.
- Supports HDR
- Built-in speaker
- Does get a bit hot with continues usage
As the name suggests, the BenQ TK800 4K HDR projector is a 4K projector, which achieves 4K resolution using XPR technology with true HDR capability for enhanced color and contrast reproduction. Here is the full review of the BenQ TK800 4K HDR projector.
- Max resolution: Resolution 4K UHD (3840 x 2160)
- Max brightness (ANSI lumens): 3000
- Contrast Ratio (FOFO): 10,000:1
- Speaker: 5W x 1
- Projection System: DLP
- Display Color: 30 Bits (1,07 billion colors)
- Light Source: Lamp
- Light Source Wattage: 240W
- Throw Ratio: 1.47 - 1.76 (100" @ 3.25 m)
- Zoom Ratio: 1.2:1
- Lens: F/# = 1.94 - 2.06, f = 15.57 - 18.67 mm
- Keystone Adjustment: 1D, Vertical ± 40 degrees
- Projection Offset: 110%±2.5%
- Clear Image Size (Diagonal): 60" ~ 200"
- Image Size: 30" ~ 300"
- Horizontal Frequency: 15K-102KHz
- Vertical Scan Rate: 23-120Hz
- Picture Mode: Bright/ Vivid TV/ Cinema/ Sport/ Football/ User1/ User2/ (3D)
- Color Wheel Segment: 4-Seg. (RGBW)
- Rec.709 Coverage: >92%
- PC (D-Sub): 1
- HDMI: 2
- Net Weight (Kg): 4.2
The BenQ TK800 4K HDR projector comes with a curvier design with high-quality polycarbonate shell. The projector offers a dual tone look with the white and blue color combination.
Considering the features offered by the BenQ TK800 4K HDR projector, it has a compact design compared to the competition with a similar set of features. The projector does look premium and goes well with most of the interiors without any issue.
The BenQ TK800 4K HDR projector has a 5-watt speaker, and the sound output from the projector is surprisingly good with an ample amount of clarity and rich bass. However, we felt that using an external speaker system will enhance the overall cinema viewing experience on the BenQ.
The 5Watt speaker on the BenQ TK800 uses Audio+ 2 audio-enhancing technology, which will further enhance the sound-output from the built-in speaker.
We used the BenQ TK800 4K HDR projector to stream content from a laptop using an HDMI port in both 4K and 1080p resolution. The projector supports 1080p output @60Hz, whereas the refresh for the 4K goes up to 30fps.
We are impressed with the bright screen output from the projector even with the ambient lights turned on. There are multiple modes in the display settings (Sports, Cinema, Football, Game), which will tweak the brightness, saturation depending on the type of content that is being displayed.
We found that the projector displays crisp and bright images with the cinema settings. The color reproduction from the projector is not the best that we have seen, as the contrast is on a higher side. Sometimes the images look too bright especially if the subject has too much green or red colors.
We played 4K videos from the projector (75-inch screen size), and the quality image displayed on the canvas was crisp with a lot of details. Auto keystone function does work well, which helps the projector to project a rectangular image, even when the projector is not placed in the center position.
We also played a bunch of HDR videos on YouTube and TV shows on Amazon Prime Videos and Netflix while the HDR mode was on Auto, On, and off. When we played an HDR video, the projector was able to detect the HDR content, & enhance the image quality even with the auto mode. HDR will increase the dynamic range of the image, which will improve the overall multimedia consumption experience.
The projector can be used to project images/videos with up to 100-inch screen size without any distortion, as the BenQ TK800 4K can project 4K resolution images.
The BenQ TK800 4K HDR is one of the best 4K projectors available in the country. This is a professional grade projector with a lamp life up to 10,000 hours. In reality, the projector can easily last for more than five years with continues usage of with around 6 hours of projection every day.
If you are in the market for a high-end 4K HDR monitor, then the BenQ TK800 4K is the one that you can consider.