- 17 min ago Realme 5G Phones: More Affordable 5G Smartphones Under Narzo Series Tipped
- 17 min ago Amazon Samsung Galaxy M32 Quiz Answers: Win Free Samsung Smartphone
- 4 hrs ago Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Redmi Note 10, Poco X3 Pro, Galaxy A12 And More
- 15 hrs ago OnePlus Nord 2 Global Model Could Be Rebranded Realme X9 Pro; What To Expect?
- Finance 6 Facts You Must Consider While Filing IT Return This Year
- News ‘Jivan Vayu’: IIT Ropar develops power free device for high flow CPAP therapy for patients on O2 support
- Lifestyle Shilpa Shetty Kundra And Shamita Shetty Look Gorgeous In Their Stunning Striped Outfits
- Sports Euro 2020: Stats Highlights: Spain's lack of attacking edge and Sweden's failures
- Movies EXCLUSIVE! Sunil Grover On Sunflower's Unusual Narrative, His Non-Comic Characters & What Success Means To Him
- Automobiles MG Motor Converts The Hector Plus SUV Into Covid-19 Mobile Testing Unit: Read More To Find Out!
- Education From Harvard To Columbia: Top US Colleges Offering Online Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Nokia 55-inch 4K Smart TV Specifications, Features And First Impressions
Flipkart has unveiled the first Nokia branded budget 4K Smart TV in the Indian market. Running on Android Pie, the 55-inch 4K HDR-enabled smart TV has been launched under a strategic partnership with Nokia and JBL. The budget 4K smart TV is priced at Rs. 41,999 and will be available on Flipkart from December 10, 2019.
The Nokia smart TV will fight the likes of budget smart TVs from Xiaomi, Thomson, Motorola, Kodak, iffalcon and even Flipkart's MarQ smart TV range. For now, Flipkart has launched just one size variant of the Nokia smart TV, however, the e-commerce platform will introduce different screen size variants of in the coming months. We tested the smart TV for a brief duration during the launch event and here's what we found out.
Design: Premium Aesthetics & Sturdy Design
The 55-inch smart TV looks premium and offers a sturdy design. The company will bundle a table top stand a wall mount in the box. The table stand is made up of aluminum and firmly holds the 55-inch TV panel. The bezels surrounding the screen are quite thick but the all-black color works in the TVs favor. The siliver colored JBL-powered sound bar at the bottom of the display adds a premium touch to the design. Overall, the Nokia branded TV offer a good fit and finish for its price-point.
55-inch 4K HDR 10 Enabled Panel
While the company did not specify the name of the panel manufacturer, the 55-inch 4K-enabled screen looked vibrant and played 1080p 60fps and 4K files without any major issues. The colors popped out really well; however, the panel did seem slightly reflective.
The company mentions that the 55-inch 4K panel comes equipped with Dolby Vision and Intelligent Dimming technology. The 4K panel also supports HDR 10 and a wide Color Gamut for vivid multimedia playback. Additionally, the Nokia smart TV also utilizes MEMC technology to eliminate blurs and judders while watching fast-paced action flicks and animation movies. We will evaluate the performance in detail in our comprehensive review.
Audio Powered by 24W JBL Speakers
As far as audio is concerned, the sound is powered is JBL. There's a linear soundbar attached at the bottom of the TV panel which comes fitted with 24 Watt built-in speakers and support DTS TruSurround and Dolby Audio to enhance the overall audio experience. The audio sounded good and sufficient for a normal-sized living room. You can also connect external speakers with Nokia smart TV via Bluetooth and ports placed at the back of the 55-inch panel.
Performance: Android 9.0, Quad-Core CPU + 2.25GB RAM
The Nokia branded Smart TV runs on Android 9.0 and offers access to Google Play Store to install applications. The TV is backed by a Quad-Core processor and has 2.25 GB RAM and 12 GB of internal memory. The UI navigation seemed pretty smooth and the TV remote worked without any performance issues. The TV remote gets dedicated buttons for Netflix, YouTube and a button to activate Google Assistant for Voice commands.
Special Benefits: Flipkart TV Protection Plan @ Rs.999
Flipkart is offering a Complete TV Protection plan for Nokia branded Smart TVs, which will be available at a launch price of Rs. 999. The protection plan will offer coverage of three years against manufacturing defects and accidental damages, along with a guaranteed buyback value at the end of three years. As far as after-sales service is concerned, the Nokia branded smart TVs will receive service support from Jeeves Consumer services which offer after-sales support for Flipkart's other home appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines, etc.
Should You Buy Nokia Smart TV On Flipkart?
Nokia has entered into a crowded market which is mostly dominated by Xiaomi. The Chinese company has already established itself as a reliable budget smart TV brand for price-conscious consumers. However, there's still room for trusted brands to spice up things in the booming budget smart TV market to give more option to consumers.
Having said that, the synergy between Nokia, JBL and Flipkart has resulted into a solid product that can give Xiaomi a tough fight in the sub 50K smart TV market. We will soon test the Nokia branded 4K smart TV to inform you about its detailed performance and features in our comprehensive review.