- 12 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy A13 4G India Launch Likely On Cards; To Feature Quad Cameras, 3.5mm Jack
- 13 hrs ago Xiaomi Ingres with 8 Gen 1 Chipset To Be Rebranded As Redmi, Poco Phones: All You Need To Know
- 18 hrs ago Flipkart Black Friday Smartphones Deals: Top Discount Offers On Mid-Range Mobiles Under Rs. 20,000
- 1 day ago Vivo Watch 2 Features, Design Tipped Via Leaked Renders; How’s It Different From Original?
- Movies Rohit Shetty Opens Up About Golmaal 5; Confirms That It Will Happen Soon!
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Explosive Gayle and Salt propel Team Abu Dhabi to humungous victory
- Finance How To Submit Life Certificate Through A Video Call Before 30th November?
- News Watch: President Ram Nath Kovind attends 'Ganga Aarti' in Rishikesh
- Lifestyle India's Active COVID-19 Cases Down To 1,07,019, Lowest In 541 Days
- Education MPSC State Service Main Amit Card 2021 Released, Download MPSC Main Exam 2020 Admit Card On mpsconline.gov.in
- Automobiles The Iconic British Brand BSA Is Gearing Up To Make Its Comeback
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Bhopal
Portronics Pure Sound 101 Soundbar Review: Delivers Good Music Quality Within Your Budget
To enjoy a good music experience, it is important to have a good speaker system that produces impressive quality audio. To deliver such a good audio experience, Portronics has launched a new soundbar system called Portronics Pure Sound 101. After using it for a month, here we have come up with a review of the soundbar that was connected to my smart TV and my laptop as well.
- Multiple port options
- Multi-functional remote control
- Value for money
- Dedicated modes
- 3D surround sound needs improvement
- Wired subwoofer
- Connectivity voice mode cannot be turned off
Before taking a look at the detailed review of the Portronics Pure Sound 101 soundbar, here is a bit of information that will make the experience better. It comes in a complete package that lets you connect it to a phone or TV using AUX, HDMI or ARC cable. Also, it is easy to set up being small and compact in size and offering improved sound quality than normal TV speakers.
Portronics Pure Sound 101 soundbar will fit in your living room aesthetically. While the soundbar is sleek, the subwoofer is quite big in size. However, it can be placed at the bottom comfortably. The body of the soundbar is glossy and is in black color. The ports are positioned at the back due to which the wall mounting hooks are placed at the sides of the soundbar. The soundbar features dedicated buttons at the sides that will let users control it. The front of the device features a hard speaker grille and the indicator light will flow once the speaker is turned on.
In terms of connectivity, the Portronics Pure Sound 101 is not disappointing as it comes with a slew of features including Bluetooth 5.0. The soundbar can be connected to a TV or smartphone via Bluetooth and it worked perfectly during the review period. Also, there are other options including AUX, USB port, and ARC/HDMI port that work as intended.
During my review, I had no complaints regarding connectivity. There will be voice instructions for whatever mode is set with the remote. Notably, this comes even when the volume of the soundbar is muted. This voice mode is annoying, especially when used at night and there is no way to disable or turn it off.
Portronics Pure Sound 101 comes bundled with a fully functional remote control that features dedicated controls to play and pause, adjust the bass and treble and choose between music and movie. Also, there are volume controls on the soundbar. The remote control is made of plastic as in many other options out there and it could have been a little better in terms of quality.
The subwoofer can be connected to the soundbar only via a wire and there is no wireless option as in many modern soundbar systems. However, the length of the wire is sufficient to place the subwoofer down.
After going through the review above, you might get some common doubts such as should you buy this soundbar or not, if it is worth its price, etc. In that case, I feel that if you are in a budget crisis and still want to purchase a soundbar, then you can opt for the Portronics Pure Sound 101 as it is suitable for your living room and will fit into the aesthetics of the room.
It comes with the latest Bluetooth connectivity edition and gets a 120W RMS wired subwoofer alongside the necessary connectivity options that make it a complete offering. Priced at Rs. 7,999, the Portronics soundbar becomes a complete offering in terms of design, looks and sound quality. The only major downside is the annoying connectivity voice mode, which can be ignored by users who want to purchase it.