TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
Good news for Samsung Galaxy S3 owners out there in India! The South Korean giant has started rolling out an official update, Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) for the Galaxy S3 with model number I9300. Reportedly, the software update can be installed either via OTA or through Kies, and the new update will fix a security flaw issue found in Exynos 4412 chipset. The best part of the news is that the new software update brings premium suite pack for Galaxy S3 owners of India finally.
Moreover the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update will bring to Galaxy S3 features including Multi-View (Multi-Windows Multitasking, like Note 2), Page Buddy, New Gallery app, Notification panel can be customised, Brightness Slider in Notification Panel can be disabled, Smart Rotation (Screen display adjusts according to angle of sightings), Continuous Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard), Paper Artist app, Group Cast app and more.
Steps to follow during Kies update, courtesy Android Jinn:
Step 1: Install USB driver for Samsung Galaxy S3 on the computer.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
Step 3: Create backup for all important data.
Step 4: The Galaxy S3 should have above 80 per cent of charge.
Step 5: The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware which will replace custom builds.
Step 6: Since this is an official firmware, it will not increase binary counter.
Step 7: Extract downloaded archive only once. If the extracted file does not contain any Modem, CSC or pit file, that means such files are not required.
Please Note: For OTA update, navigate to Settings>> About Phone to check the software version on the phone>> then Software update>> and hit Check for Updates.
Size: 152MB (OTA)
Build number: JZO54K.I9300XXELLC
New Android version: Android 4.2.1