- 31 min ago Apple’s iPad Pro 2022 To Get Magsafe Wireless Charging Functionality; Other Features To Check Out
- 31 min ago OnePlus 10 Pro India Launch Timeline Tipped; Nord CE 2 5G Also In Pipeline
- 43 min ago Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2022: Republic Day Offers On Best Budget Smartphones
- 1 hr ago Google Pixel Notepad Could Be Company’s First Foldable Smartphone
- Sports Australian Open: Barty begins title bid with convincing victory
- Finance Moved Up By 10.09% In 1 Month, This Healthcare Stock Gets A Buy Call Rating
- News India's first homegrown mRNA vaccine to be tested amid Omicron spike
- Automobiles Tata Safari Dark Edition Launched: Prices Start From Rs 19.05 Lakh
- Movies Farah Khan Reveals Why Amitabh Bachchan, Raveena Tandon & Others Were Not A Part Of Deewangi Deewangi Song
- Education IBPS CRP Clerk XI Main Admit 2021, Steps To Download IBPS Clerk Main Call Letter Till January 25 On ibps.in
- Lifestyle What Is Aseptic Abscess Syndrome? The Case Of 21-Yr-Old Woman Treated At Hyderabad Hospital
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In West Bengal In Winter Of 2022
Free CoVID-19 Vaccination For 18+ Starts June 21; How To Book Slot Via CoWIN App
The second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic is finally ramping down in India allowing us to get back to a normal routine. The state governments have also eased the lockdown restrictions with the drop in active cases. Vaccination drive is also going on with its full swing across the nation. However, the inoculation drive for the 18+ age group has been inconsistent from the beginning.
The government had announced free vaccines for all its citizens in India. While the 44+ age groups have been swift, those who fall in the 18- 44 years category have been struggling to book slots for COVID-19 vaccination.
PM Modi on Monday addressed the nation where he confirmed the central government would now be taking charge to get this age group inoculated. The prime minister announced the free vaccination program for the 18-44 years age group will restart from June 21, 2020.
With this, one falling in the 18+ age group wouldn't necessarily have to resort to a private hospital where he/she would need to pay for the COVID-19 vaccination. The registration process remains similar to the previous one. You need to head to the CoWIN portal to register and book a slot for the vaccination. Check out the steps below:
How To Book COVID-19 Vaccination For 18+ Age Group In India
You will need to visit the CoWIN portal online to begin the registration process. You can't initiate the registration via the CoWIN mobile app directly. However, once the registration is successful you can schedule an appointment for vaccination via the CoWIN app.
Step 1: Open any web browser and type www.cowin.gov.in. You can also click on this link.
Step 2: Locate the 'Register/ Sign In Yourself' option on the top right corner of the webpage. Click on that.
Step 3: A new webpage will open up where you need to enter your mobile number and then select the 'Get OTP'.
Step 4: Enter the six-digit OTP that you received on your mobile and hit enter.
Step 5: Complete the registration by adding your details such as name, date of birth, gender, etc, and upload a photo ID proof. Click on 'Register'.
Step 6: Now, you can click on the 'schedule appointment' option to get details of the available slots.
At the time of writing, there were no available slots for our region for this month. However, the free vaccination drive controlled by the central government begins on June 21. We will likely see some developments or slots' availability in the coming weeks.