- 45 min ago Infinix S4 launched in India with triple rear camera, 32MP front camera and more
- 1 hr ago ViewSonic launches VX2458-C-mhd display for gaming
- 2 hrs ago Astronomers determine Planet Nine orbit; could be hiding beyond Kuiper Belt
- 2 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) and Galaxy A7 (2018) get up to Rs 8,000 price drop
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Whose Outfit Was The Most Breathtaking On Day 7?
- Movies Kapil Sharma Mocks Bappi Lahiri; Calls him 'Maharani Of Jaipur'!
- News Men wearing Modi masks prepare 2,000 Kg Laddoos ahead of poll results
- Sports World Cup prize money not too high than IPL
- Finance Reliance Beats IOC To Become India's Biggest Company In Revenue Terms
- Automobiles Formula One Legend Niki Lauda Passes Away At 70
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Here's all you need to know about offline video editing
Offline editing is also often known as proxy editing. It is a technique which is most often used in video editing for managing large files. There are many video editors which support offline video edit
Offline editing is also often known as proxy editing. It is a technique which is most often used in video editing for managing large files. In offline video editing, you create low-quality copies from your high-quality raw footage.
Later, you use the low-quality proxy files in the editing process, and after the editing job is done, you again replace the proxy files with their corresponding raw files. Offline video editing can prove to be a game changer for you especially if you have an old computer which is solely designed for light tasks and browsing.
What are the pros of offline video editing?
The first and foremost benefit of doing an offline video editing is that it will give a performance boost. Because proxy files are of small size and therefore editing becomes very easy in these files. These proxy files become very helpful if you have a computer that is running low on space. And also, working on small proxy files will consume low energy from your laptop, and the battery of your laptop will last longer.
What are the cons of offline video editing?
The time involved in the transcoding process of offline video editing is very time-consuming. Before you start editing, it is important for you to transcode the files where you want to work for determining a suitable size, and this task takes a lot of time.
Also, you have the option of transcoding the files manually, but the organization is very important in the manual process. As a result of poor organization, the entire proxy data can be thrown out of the Window. Also, the video quality with which you will be dealing with while editing the video will be of poor quality. It should also be noted that if you have a high-performance laptop, you should stay away from offline video editing because this will slow down your work instead of giving it a boost.
Recommendation of Offline Video Editor
There are many video editors which support offline video editing. For your guide, we have listed few of them.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018
The proxy files are created in the initial ingest procedure here. It is one of the most popular video editing apps.
Final Cut Pro XX
Apple designs this video editor. It is available in two versions. You can create both optimized and proxy media here.
Da Vinci Resolve
It is another offline video editor for Mac devices. It runs on its internal workflow. The software favors optimized files in comparison to the raw footage. And you can always change the app preference.
Now that you know the basic stuff about offline video editing and the software where you can do it, you should try it for yourself!