- 1 hr ago Coronavirus Outbreak: Telcos Might Not Increase Tariffs
- 7 hrs ago Week 14, 2020 Launch Roundup: Huawei P40, Galaxy A31, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi Note 9S, Axon 11 And More
- 7 hrs ago Motorola Took Four Years To Design The Foldable Phone: Report
- 8 hrs ago Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite With Snapdragon 765G, Quad-Cameras Launched
- Movies Vijay And Atlee To Join Hands Again For Thalapathy 66?
- Sports Cancel County Championship if it can't be played in full, says Cook
- News Telangana reports first COVID-19 death: Total positive cases rise to 67
- Automobiles Top Bike News Of The Week: Apache RTR 180 BS6, Royal Enfield Bullet Trails, Rajiv Bajaj
- Lifestyle How To Take Care Of A Patient With Suspected Or Confirmed COVID-19
- Finance RBI ‘s EMI Moratorium: Higher Interest If You Opt For EMI Break
- Travel 10 Best Family Friendly Destinations To Visit In April In India
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
How to Save WhatsApp Status Images And Videos On Android, iPhone
WhatsApp, the multimedia messaging app, became an instant hit ever since its arrival. Limited to texting (with emojis), this app has evolved exponentially in the past. You can do a lot more than texting. The credit of major changes in the features and functionality goes to Facebook.
Ever since the social media giant acquired WhatsApp, new features are being introduced consistently. Thanks to the developments, you can now share photos, videos, music and even make voice/video calls.
This peer-to-peer media transfer has no-doubt got the users hooked on. With over five billion downloads, it wouldn't be wrong to say that this is one of the most popular and used apps all around the world.
And, after Facebook introduced the Snapchat like ‘Status' feature, users started flocking the app uploading their moments. This feature basically lets you put up a short video, collection of pictures and videos, and texts for 24 hours. Following which they disappear.
You might have come across some amazing pictures or videos of your friends traveling to unknown destinations. And quite often you would have thought of saving those statuses' on your Android or iPhone. But, if you haven't been able to figure a way out yet, we will be helping you with some easy steps.
How To Save WhatsApp Status Videos, Images On Smartphones
Method 1: Old-School Screenshot Method
Saving a WhatsApp status video or image isn't a big task. But you need to know the right steps. The first and the most basic way is to do is grab a screenshot. Just head to the WhatsApp's status section and click on the contact whose status you want to save.
Once it opens up, grab a screenshot on your Android smartphone by pressing the power down and volume key simultaneously. This is the most usual settings on Android smartphones to take a screenshot. But, some new smartphones offer the provision of doing so by swipe-down using three fingers.
The screenshot method works with iPhones as well. You can open a WhatsApp status that you want to save and press and hold the power key and the Home button at the same time.
But make sure both keys are pressed at the same time so that your device doesn't activate Siri or Touch ID. The screenshot method works perfectly for the images and is easiest on both Android and iPhones.
How To Save WhatsApp Status From Other Smartphones
Method 2: Use Third-Party Apps
This is another easy way to download a status WhatsApp status from other users. There are numerous third-party apps that help to download other contacts' status. Not only can you save pictures, but also videos.
Apps like Story Saver for WhatsApp, All Status Savr, and Status Save WA are amongst a few of them. Just download and install any one of these apps and select the status you want to photo/video uploaded via status you want to save and click download. This can be later accessed in the gallery of your device.
How To Save WhatsApp Images In Smartphone Gallery
Method 3: Use File Explorer
This method doesn't require you to download any third-party app from PlayStore or AppStore, rather uses the device itself. You just need to access the File Manager which is present in most of the smartphones. If not, you can get it from PlayStore.
1. Go to the File Explorer menu and select the WhatsApp Folder in the APK section.
2. Look for the ‘Media' option inside the folder.
3. Now, toggle on the ‘Show Hidden Files' option.
4. Amongst the hidden folders, there will be a ‘.statuses' folder which will show the images of the statuses that you have recently viewed.
5. Now all you need to download is the status image or video and you are good to go.
WhatsApp Status Saving FAQ’s
How can we download WhatsApp status videos and images?
There are three primary methods using which you can download images and videos from WhatsApp on smartphones. You can check out the above steps to easily download an image or video using WhatsApp.
Can we use third-party apps to download WhatsApp status videos and images?
Yes, downloading WhatsApp status videos and messages using third-party apps is possible. It is one of the easiest ways around. But, make sure you download a proper app that has good ratings. Status Saver for Whatsapp is one such app.
Is downloading WhatsApp status videos and messages from other phones safe?
Yes, it is safe. But, you should always take permission from your friends or family so that their privacy isn't breached.
Which is the easiest way to download WhatsApp Status videos and images on smartphones?
The easiest way is to capture a screenshot. This method works perfectly for both Android as well as iPhones.