- 8 min ago Intel Computex Preview: New products revealed with up to 2x Gaming and 8x AI Boost
- 41 min ago Last week Most trending smartphones: Galaxy A50, OnePlus 7 Pro, Honor 20 Pro, Zenfone 6 and more
- 1 hr ago Everything you should know about Nokia and Netplus deal
- 1 hr ago Nexstgo forays into North India with first ever Avita Brand Store in Delhi
- Movies Arjun Rampal's Sister: He’s In A Happy Space Now That He’s With Gabriella
- Finance How To Deposit Money In Your Post Office RD Account Online?
- Lifestyle Natural Remedies To Lighten Dark Upper Lips
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team analysis: Pakistan seek glory after strife
- Automobiles Honda Activa 5G & CB Shine Limited Edition Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 55,032
- News 76 of the 147 MLAs in new Odisha assembly are crorepatis
- Education MBOSE Result 2019: Direct Link To Check SSLC & HSSLC Result 2019
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
How to get Android P Beta on OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6 gets the Android P Beta update and here’s how you can install the same.
OnePlus 6 is the company's big flagship for this year. The device has been launched in India and is all set to go on sale from May 21 exclusively via Amazon. Earlier this month, at the Google I/O 2018, the Android P was announced. Following the same, several companies confirmed that they will roll out the update to some of their smartphones.
One of them is OnePlus and it was confirmed that the OnePlus 6 will get the Android P Beta update soon after its launch. Given that the device has been launched in India, the company has opened the Android P Beta update for download. Notably, this is the Android P Developer Preview 2 and is prone to have bugs.
On its official forum, OnePlus has posted a set of instructions for the users interested in installing the Android P Beta update on their smartphone. The company notes that the update will provide access to some latest Android features and apps to the users.
This update is meant for the developers and early adopters. The company warns that users with no or little experience in flashing ROMs or software development have to proceed at their own risk. It is important to backup the data before installing the Android P beta update.
How to install Android P Beta on OnePlus 6
Follow these instructions to download the latest ROM update.
- Open OnePlus website from your OnePlus 6 and go to the Android P beta page.
- Hit the Download Now button.
- Go to Settings → System Updates.
- Tap the icon at the top right corner.
- Now tap on local upgrade → installation package → immediately upgrade.
On completing these steps, your phone will go to the Recovery Mode. Over here, you need to follow the steps given here.
- Hold the power button and tap on shut down to turn off the OnePlus 6.
- Now, hold the power and volume down buttons simultaneously to enter the Recovery Mode.
- Choose Wipe data/factory reset option.
- Press power and choose yes to confirm your choice.
- Choose Reboot system now.
The Android P Beta file will be downloaded on your smartphone. And, it will run the new software in a few minutes. However, you need to keep the potential bugs of running the beta update in mind.
Android P beta bugs
- VoLTE fails to work
- Bluetooth connectivity will have compatibility issues
- Wi-Fi SoftAP device manager will fail work
- Unstable slow motion mode in the camera
- Widevine L1 will be non-functional
- Face Unlock will fail to work
New features of Android P Beta
Though there will be bugs, the OnePlus 6 Android P Beta update will bring new features such as improved notification panel, multi-camera support, new security features, design changes and more.