- 6 hrs ago Oppo Reno 4 Series With Localised Features To Launch Soon In India
- 7 hrs ago Week 25, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 Pro 5G, HONOR 8S 2020, Vivo X50 Pro And More
- 7 hrs ago BSNL Plans That Comes With 3GB Data Per Day
- 10 hrs ago How To Easily Backup And Restore Games Installed From Epic Games Store
- Movies Happy Birthday Ekta Kapoor: Mouni Roy, Karan Johar, Divyanka & Others Wish The Small Screen Czarina
- News Coronavirus: Chhattisgarh gets first quarantine centre for pregnant women
- Sports It's been great to meet Virat Kohli at a young age and follow his progress: Kane Williamson
- Finance Benchmark Indices Expected To Gain Further Momentum Next Week
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights Of The Auto Industry From The Past Week
- Lifestyle Animal Bite: Why Do They Bite? Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
How To Enable Multi-Window On Android M Developer Preview
Google rolled out developer preview of Android M at its annual I/O 2015. The preview version of the latest Android OS in now available for Nexus devices including Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player.
The Android M features the much-rumored multi-window functionality. But the option to enable or disable mulit-window is not shown to normal users as it is still in beta stage. However, we can hope it gets complete by the time of final release in Q3 2015.
Here is a guide on how to enable this feature on developer preview of Android M.
Step 1: Install TWRP recovery tool on your Nexus device. Check our latest tutorial to know how to install TWRP on Android smartphone.
Step 2: Boot into TWRP recovery mode, go into "Mount" and make sure that System is already mounted.
Step 3: Download and install Android SDK from the Android Developers website.
Step 4: Navigate to android-sdk-windows platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt.
Step 5: Now Type following commands and press enter.
Step 6: To enable multi-window, we will need to change the line
Step 7: Exit the editor and shell including all windows. Reboot the smartphone. Now you might get a notification saying unable to verify and your device and your smartphone might not work properly, but this does not effect anything.
Step 8: Now, go to developer option in device settings, and Enable the Multi-Window.
Step 9: In order to utilize Multi Window, just tap on recent used apps and tap on the new icon.
Note: This feature is still in development stage, it is closed even in the developer preview because it is very buggy.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the smartphone. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk].