TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Jammu & Kashmir: IED Blast Leaves An Army Officer Dead In Rajouri
- Saina And Saurabh Emerge Champions In The National Badminton
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Is The Most Powerful Android Smartphone In The World
- CBDT Notifies Deadline For Mandatory Aadhaar Linking To File Tax Returns
- Tesla Sentry Mode — The Guardian Angel Of Your Tesla
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Anushka Sharma Opens Up About Catfights In Bollywood
- Ever Faced Emotional Abuse As A Child?
Most Android users do not stick with single ROM or firmware on their smartphone and frequently change the firmwares to try new custom ROMs or flash Kernels to improve the device performance. Odin a program for Windows PC is a life saver when it comes to restores your customized or bricked smartphone.
But, Huawei Android devices are exceptional, you can flash the stock Android on smartphone or tablets without the need of PC. These devices can be flashed with stock Android ROM by just using the microSD card. This tutorial will guide you on how to install stock Android on all Huawei smartphones or tablets
You can follow this tutorial to update or flash stock ROM on any Huawei Ascend smartphone.
Points to Remember
- Backup all the important data and additional files from the device before proceeding to flash.
- Make sure the smartphone or tablet has at-least 60 percent of battery power to perform rooting access.
- You need an empty microSD card.
- Ensure USB drivers of Huawei smartphone is installed on your PC.
Download and extract Huawei stock ROM to your computer from the link provided below.
Huawei Stock Android ROM
Step 1: Connect the Huawei smartphone or tablet to the PC.
Step 2: Create a new folder on your microSD card and rename to to dload.
Step 3: Copy the Huawei stock ROM (file name: UPDATE.APP) and past it to the dload, which you created in above step.
Step 4: Power off the device and disconnect from the computer.
Step 5: Now press Volume Up, Volume Down and Power Button together until the update process starts automatically.
Step 6: The update process may take up to 10 minutes to complete.
Step 7: Once the update process is completed your device will reboot automatically and will be ready to us.
Alternative Method to install stock ROM on Huawei devices
You can also flash the Stock ROM on Huawei smartphone without going to recovery mode.
Step 1: Make a new folder in microSD card and rename it to dload
Step 2: Copy the Huawei stock ROM (file name: UPDATE.APP) and past it to the dload, which you created in above step.
Step 3: Now, navigate to device Settings >> About Phone/Updater >> press menu and Local Update to start the flash process.
Now select the download file and your smartphone will be updated with stock ROM.
Source: Android XDA