- Sports Sindhu lays foundation stone for badminton academy in Chennai
- News Ram Mandir trust elects office-bearers, PM's ex-Principal secy to oversee construction committee
- Movies Shivarajkumar Completes 34 Years In The Film Industry; Opens Up About His Journey
- Lifestyle 10 Natural Ways To Prevent Mosquito Bites
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Electra 350 Modified By Ornithopter Moto Design: Renamed KARGIL
- Finance Indian Railways To Offer More Tatkal Train Tickets For A Longer Duration Now
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
How to Increase Internal Memory on Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2: Here are 10 Easy Steps
Samsung's top notch handsets offers specs that are almost better than the rest. For a long time, the company's Galaxy range of handsets (both the primary Galaxy series and the Note series) have been around the park.
While the specs remain a major point in the sale of these handsets, nothing can compare to the fact that they also offer good internal memory support. Taking the previously released Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in to contention for the time being, the handset offered decent internal memory.
But what is we tell you that you could actually beef up the internal memory for that up to 64GB without even installing a memory card to the phones. The steps are actually easy and here's how to carry them out.
Before we set out on showing you the steps involved for the procedure, let us tell you that you will require a microSD card and a rooted device. There's the mod that's also to be applied that basically tricks your handset into thinking that your external memory is your internal memory, and vice versa.
Note: Perform the following actions on your handset at your own risk as there are chances that your handset might start acting up strangely. GizBot or OneIndia isn't responsible for any damages.
Here's how to extend the internal memory in your phone:
Root your Handset. Rooting is a different ball game so make sure you have enough knowledge about the procedures
One the rooting has been done with, make a Nandroid backup in case things fall apart.
Next, head over to this thread from XDA Developers to make sure everything is going according to plan.
From there, download the Perseus kernel file (since the mod requires a custom kernel). Note that if your ROM already has an option to apply this kernel, you shouldn't need to flash it seperately.
Now download the required 11extsd2internalsd file. Know that if your card is a 32GB, you will have to get the FAT32 file. If it's higher than 32GB, get the exfat file.
Once that's done, reboot your phone into recovery
With the rebooting of the handset into recovery done, it's time to flash the kernel on your phone.
In order to flash the kernel, you will be required to flash the 11extsd2internalsd file.
Now reboot your handset. Or in a nutshell, turn it off and then turn it back on again.
Head over to the settings to confirm the changes. You should have by now successfully upped the amount of internal storage on your handset.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!
[Source: Android Pit]