- 24 min ago YouTube Guide: Here's How To Delete Or Restore A Video
- 3 hrs ago Windows 10 Guide: How To Add And Manage Multiple OneDrive Accounts
- 8 hrs ago Indian IT Ministry Issues Social Media Guidelines For Account Identity Verification
- 11 hrs ago Redmi Smartphones Offers And Discounts During Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020
- Movies Mohanlal's Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham: Keerthy Suresh's Character Poster Is Out!
- Sports Rohit Sharma becomes second-fastest Indian to 9000 ODI runs; leapfrogs Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar
- News Kolkata Port Trust tableau likey to roll down Delhi Rajpath on Republic Day
- Lifestyle 9 Amazing Health Benefits Of Hurdles For Body Fitness
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Nexus smartphone right now!
Google has finally announced the Android M as Android 6.0 Marshmallow and rolls out the final developer preview factory image. The Android M developer preview 3 with build number MPA44G is now available for download and install on Nexus devices including Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player.
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow build MPA44G is now available for download on the Google's Developer page. The new preview version comes with major changes in kernel, several bug fixes, UI tweaks and bring in all new stunning wallpapers.
Nexus users who have already installed the earlier Android M preview versions may install the latest developer preview using this tutorial. This post will guide you to install the Android 6.0 Marshmallow developer preview 3 on your Nexus devices.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone / tablet brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the device. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk].
Take a look at the slider below for the complete step-by-step installation guide for Android 6.0 Marshmallow final preview on Nexus 5, Nexus 6 and Nexus 9.
Points to Remember
* Backup all important data and settings before installing the Android 6.0 latest preview on your Nexus device.
* Make sure USB drivers of your Nexus device are installed on your PC.
* Ensure bootloader in your Nexus device is unlocked and is running the latest Android M preview version.
* Google introduced major changes to the kernel in the Android M developer preview 3, which means it won't be easy to gain root access Android M. Hence, users need to flash a custom kernel like Despair Kernel in order to gain root.
Preparing Your Computer For Installation
Step 1: Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install on your computer. Follow instructions provided in the file to install setup correctly.
Step 2: Download Fastbook file for the specific OS platform from the link provided below. After downloading, extract the files to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. Create the directory if it does not exist.
Step 3: Download custom recovery tool for the specific Nexus device and save it to the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
Download CWM recovery tool for Nexus 5
Download TWRP recovery tool for Nexus 6
Download TWRP recovery tool for Nexus 9
Preparing Your Nexus For Installation
Step 1: Download custom kernel and SuperSu on your computer. Download the custom kernel for your Nexus device from the link provided below.
Download Despair Custom Kernel for Nexus 5
Download Despair Custom Kernel for Nexus 6
Download Despair Custom Kernel for Nexus 9
Step 2: Enable USB debugging mode on your Nexus device. Connect and mount your nexus USB memory on computer.
Step 3: Copy and paste the downloaded kernel zip files and SuperSU to the root folder on your Nexus device.
Step 4: Power off your Nexus device.
Step-by-step Installation Process
Step 1: Go to bootloader mode on your Nexus device by press and holding Volume Down and Power keys for a few seconds.
Step 2: Now, Navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open Command Prompt by holding Shift and Right click >> Open Command Prompt.
Step 3: Now, type the following command and press Enter.
For Nexus 5: fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-22.214.171.124-hammerhead.img
For Nexus 6: fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-shamu.img
For Nexus 9: fastboot flash recovery twrp-188.8.131.52-flounder.img
Step 1: Now, enter into custom recovery mode on your Nexus device and scroll down to "flash zip from SD card" and select it.
Step 2: Select the "choose zip from SDcard" option from the custom recovery mode. Navigate and select the kernel zip file, which you downloaded and copied earlier.
Step 3: Repeat the above step to install SuperSU file.
Step 4: After installation completes, go back and reboot the Nexus device by selecting "reboot system now" from the recovery main menu.
That's it, now your Nexus device should run the final preview version of Android 6.0 Marshmallow.