- Google acknowledges camera issues on the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
- Google Chrome Desktop version might soon receive Material Design 2 overhaul
- Google introduces Morse code to Gboard for iOS platform
- JioPhone receives the support for Google Maps
- Google introduces ‘Responsive Search’ ads with Machine learning integration
- Google Assistant new update brings different colors for each voice
Google has came up with a new feature called Offline mode, that helps to save the map of an area for the offline browsing. Earlier, you can't access anything through Google Maps, while traveling to a place with no cellular signal or Wi-Fi connection.
To solve this, Google added the Offline feature to download and save a location to browse the maps without connected to the internet. It is easy to save the map of a selected area for the offline browsing. We came up with a detailed guild that helps you to save map for offline browsing. Take a look at the slider below to know more.
Make sure you are connected to the Internet using mobile data or Wi-Fi and signed in to your Google account.
Once you are connected to the internet and signed in with Google account, then launch the Google Maps app on your Android smartphone.
Now search for a place like San Francisco and Pinch and zoom to select the area that you want to save.
After selecting the area, tap on the menu to save the map.
Now scroll down below and select Save offline map option and follow the on screen directions.
To view your offline map, launch Google Maps app >> tap on menu and select Your Places. Now scroll down to "offline maps" and touch view all.