- News US' F-35 bait to convince India against buying S-400: Will it work?
- Movies Charu Asopa & Rajeev Sen’s Lavish Wedding: Sushmita Sen, Her Bf & Daughters Pose With Newlyweds!
- Finance Shriram Transport Nosedives After Reports Of Piramal Selling Stake
- Sports Cavani: Uruguay ready to fight for Copa America glory
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
How to gain from Goodreads book recommendation engine?
Although there are lots of people who love to read, there are many who don’t find what to read. This is mostly because they are too lazy to look for the books that have stuff that would be of great interest to them.
To get people interested in reading, Goodreads was founded. Goodreads aims to find and help discover the books that people will love, and so that they would find them interesting to read. After reading, they would most likely share their thoughts with their buddies arousing an urge to read in them as well. So basically, Goodreads promotes reading…..big time.
Goodreads book recommendation engine is a personalized book recommendation system launched recently by Goodreads. Its analyzes books as well as the people who read them so as to recommend other books that fit their style of reading. The Goodreads recommendation engine not only takes into account your likes and dislikes but also analyzes what you think about certain books.
Do the following to get the best recommendations from Goodreads
- Rate a lot of books and keep the number more than 20
Do this and you will see a lot of books, good recommendations of course from the Recommendations engine by Goodreads. The more books you rate, the more interesting will be the recommendations.
Using multiple proprietary algorithms, Goodreads predict the best recommendations by going through about 20 billion data points. By carefully analyzing the connection between books on the book shelves and your rating to infer how you enjoyed the book, the engine displays the best books that you should read next. You would be an average Goodreads user if you have about 140 books in the shelves. The Recommendations engine compares your interest with other Goodreads numbers based on the number and type of books in the shelves.
Compared to Amazon, Goodreads is far more effective in recommending the best books. Consider the book, The Help which is a best seller. Goodreads, which have over 6 million members, have over 175,000 ratings and about 41,000 reviews for the book while Amazon boasts only about 4,500 reviews. The Help might seem to be different for different people. So the shelves the people categorize The Help in, would be different. Goodreads analyzes this as well to come up with the best recommendation and you would be surprised at the results. Use it first and see for yourself.