TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
The popular social networking site, Facebook has always focused on providing users with safety and security to their profile data and privacy to their activities in Facebook. Now, the company is out with a yet another feature to enhance its security level. They have introduced Support Dashboard feature.
Previously, Facebook had a provision where users can report contents which violate the Community Standards. Once any abuse is reported, the company professionals will quickly and effectively act and remove that content from Facebook if it seems to be against the Community Standards.
Though the users were assured security with this support feature, still there was a drawback in the system. The users who reported the content abuse are not provided with the status information on what happened to their complaint. This drawback will be rectified with the launch of new Support Dashboards, where users can know the status of various complaints and issues reported with the Facebook team on data violation and security breach.
How to use Support Dashboard
The new Support Dashboard is a specially designed portal which allows Facebook users to track the progress of their logged in issues and reports.
- Every user will have a Support Dashboard page where they watch out whether their complaints have been reviewed by the officials and what action is taken by the officials against it.
- With the new feature, once the Facebook team addresses a report, the user will be acknowledged with a notification saying that the report has been reviewed and an action is taken against it.
- Users can check out the Support Dashboard option available under the account settings to see what action has been taken by the officials as a follow up measure.
- Moreover, Support Dashboard also gives the user a proper explanation regarding the course of action taken with respect to the complaint or incident reported.
- If the officials feel that the content reported meets the Community Standards, it won’t be removed but instead the user will be provided with an option to message or block or un-friend the person who has posted it.
- There is also a ‘Learn More’ option under which the users will be given the exact explanation citing on to the respective section of the Community Standards.
At present, the Support Dashboard is included with the complaints and incidents concerning photos as well as timeline. However, the officials are still working on it to include more types of content and activities in Facebook.
The new Support dashboard feature will surely strengthen Facebook and also encourages the Facebook users to report actionable contents.