TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikar's Last Rites Performed With Full State Honours
- Tour De France 2020 Opening Stages Provide Stiff Challenge
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Bharti Airtel Leads Download Speeds With 8.3 MBPS: Kotak
- Three Occasions Where A Personal Loan Can Give You Tax Benefits
- Anurag Singh On Akshay Kumar: No Starry Tantrums
- What Is A Mediterranean Diet?
- Trip To Khonsa
How to make a micro SIM?
Nowadays, more smartphones have micro SIM slots while only few operators are providing such SIM cards. So, its good if you know how to create a micro SIM on your own.
Recently, there are many high end smartphones that are launched with micro SIM card slots. It includes Nokia Lumia 800, HTC One X, Sony Xperia S and Apple iPhone 4S. Contrarily, only some service providers like Tata Docomo, Airtel and Aircel are offering micro SIMs. Moreover, these are provided for an additional cost when compared to the normal ones.
Thankfully, there is a solution to help you in such cases. You can make micro SIM cards by cutting your existing SIM cards. If you don't want to attempt such things, you can approach a local mobile vendor. But, you will be charged some amount to get the job done.
If you are opting for the first method, you can do it yourself. All you need to have is a SIM cutter. You can purchase such cutters from the online shopping sites. In eBay you get a SIM cutters starting from Rs 175. If you change your SIM card frequently, this is a wise investment.
A SIM cutter is as simple as a stapler and it works the same way. Just insert your existing SIM in the slot of the cutter and press it. Your micro SIM card is ready.
What if you change your mobile again and need the normal SIM card? Keep the cut part safely and just press the two pieces together. The SIM card will work fine.