Uploading and sharing cool photos in social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter is pretty cool when you get a lot of comments and likes for it. This is something all social networking interested people would do. They usually save the photos in their computer and then upload it. But there is another alternative for this– Instagram.
You might have heard of it but those of you who haven’t, here is what it is. Instagram is a photo upload site, a social networking tool, an iPhone app and even can be considered as a filter preset app. To top it off, Instagram is impressively easy to use. Users of Instagram have only given positive feedbacks till now and iPhone users among them states that using Instagram, they started uploading more photos now in Facebook and Twitter, and that too without much effort.
One thing you will notice when you use Instagram is the tabs at the bottom. There are five tabs in Instagram.
- Share tab to share photos
- Popular tab would show the photos with most views and downloads
- Profile page to set your log in credentials and personal details
The tab at the middle is Share, which is the most useful. The Share tab lets you use the rear or front cameras of your iPhone to capture photos. You will also be able to select the photos which you saved as well. You won’t be having access to the zoom feature, but you can toggle the flash off/on or set it in Auto mode. Once the photo is captured, you can move and scale it to square shape and then put in filters. Then you can post it to Instagram or share the photo in social networking sites that the app supports including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr and Foursquare.
- The Feed tab lets you view the photos shared by other people whom you follow. But these people need to be Instagram users, for you to view their photos using this app. You will also be able to comment and like the photos.
- The Popular tab, as the name suggests, lets you view photos which are ranked to be the most popular photos at that particular time.
- The News tab, informs you with messages, on who all are following you. It also informs you if someone who is following you likes or comments on your photos.
- The Profile tab lets you access the settings, search for friends and search Instagram for photos as well.
This awesome application is easy to use and is free as well.