Android smartphones are doing great.! With number of high-end smartphone in the market giving consumers a great options to switch from Apple's iPhone. But many face issues regarding shifting from iOS to Android especially when it comes to transfer contacts.
Despite the fact that iOS and Android are two different operating system, there are multiple easy ways to transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android smartphones. We come up with 5 such easy methods to transfer contacts from iOS to your new Android smartphone.
Method 1: Send Manually
Transferring contacts manually one-by-one is a big task, but you can transfer only few selected contacts to the Android device. Open contacts app in iPhone and select the contact you wish to transfer and swipe down, that allows you to share contact via e-mail or text.
Method 2: iCloud
You can transfer contacts from your iPhone to your Android device by simply using Apple's cloud system. Here is how to do.
- Open iCloud.com on your computer.
- Select contacts that you want to share.
- Click of gear and select Export vCard. Now you'll be able to download VCF file containing selected contacts.
- Now, copy the download VCF file to Android device and import contacts.
Method 3: Use Contact Sharing App
There are many third-party apps that helps to backup and share contacts. The 'My Contacts Backup' app is one such app that easily backup and share contacts. Here is how to do.
Download My Contacts Backup app in iPhone.
Open app, backup contacts and share VCF file via email.
Now, open email in Android device and download VCF file and import.
Method 4: Export Contacts Using iTunes
Exporting contacts to Gmail makes it easy to store apps in the Android devices. Here is how to use.
- Connect iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes.
- Click on the handset's device summary page.
- Check 'Sync Contacts with' and then select 'Google Contacts'.
- Login with Google ID to sync contacts.
- Ensure you login to the Android device with the same Google ID
- Allow Google to sync your contacts on Android device.
Method 5: Import VCF File To Gmail
The VCF file, that contains contacts, can be used to import contacts to Gmail. Here is how to do.
- Follow Method 2 and share VCF file using iCloud.
- Now, Log in to your Gmail.
- Go to contacts page in Gmail.
- Click on More menu and select import.
- Now, select the VCF file and click import again, this will automatically sync contacts to Gmail and as well as to Android device.