TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dharwad Building Collapse: 1 Dead, 40 Feared Trapped; BSF Joins Rescue Ops
- Joker In The Pack: Team India May Use Vijay Shankar As Surprise Element At No.4 In World Cup 2019
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Google Pay Now Lets Users Book Train Tickets Directly Without Additional Charges
- GST On Real Estate: New Tax Transition Plan Approved
- Vidyut Jammwal: Junglee Is A Must Watch For Families & Kids!
- Her Fake Braces Did This To Her!
- Explore The Laid-Back Trails Of Panaji, Goa
How to use Smart Stay on Samsung Galaxy S3?
Smart Stay is an interesting feature in the new Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone. It is a feature which takes the face recognition feature in Android 4.0 to the next level. Smart Stay basically does face detection and responds to it by adjusting the brightness to an optimum level. If Smart Stay detects that you are not watching the screen then it dims the screen to save power. Smart Stay uses the front facing camera in Samsung Galaxy S3 for periodical face recognition.
How to set up Smart Stay?
Setting up Smart Stay is quite easy. The set up is done through the Settings app.
Step 1: Start by pulling down the Notification drawer
Step 2: Tap on the Settings icon
Step 3: Trace Display and tap on it
Step 4: Trace Smart Stay from the menu
Step 5: Check the box adjacent to the option
This will enable Smart Stay. A pop up window will appear which explains the scenarios where the Smart Stay feature won’t work. They are when:
Step 1: Front end camera fails to detect face
Step 2: Front camera is used for the application and
Step 3: Device is used in dark environment
You can check the box adjacent to ‘Do not show again’ and tap on OK.
Smart Stay will be activated when you reach the Screen timeout limit. You can change this value by following the steps given below.
Step 1: Direct yourself to Display settings
Step 2: Tap on the Screen timeout tab
Step 3: Choose the interval. It can range from 15 seconds to 10 minutes
When Smart Stay is active, an eye ball icon will appear on the top most portion of the screen on your Galaxy S3.