- Automobiles Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- Sports ISL 2019-20: I don’t need to prove anything to anyone, but myself: Jeje Lalpekhlua
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
How To Update Galaxy A5 To XXU1BOF6 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Official Firmware
The Samsung Galaxy A5 has recently received Android Lollipop official update. Other Galaxy A series smartphones including A3 and A7 had also received update last month.
This is the first Android firmware update for the Galaxy A5 A500H. The update brings major changes in UI design and performance enhancements. The UI is now more flatter with Samsung apps similar to Material Design.
You can check for the firmware update using the Samsung Kies or OTA update in the device settings. But, the update is available for selected region and will not be available for other countries.
So, we came with an Android firmware build XXU1BOF6 for the Galaxy A5. You will be able to update the latest firmware on the Galaxy A5 using this tutorial. This is an unbranded firmware, which means you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone get brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the device. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]
Details of Android Lollipop XXU1BOF6 build
Model Name: Galaxy A5
Model Number: SM-A500H
Version: Android 5.0.2
Change list: 5265970
Product code: CAC
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install Android Lollipop build on Samsung Galaxy A5. If you are used to install updates or flash the device via ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this will not be any different for you. For beginners, read every single point and steps carefully before performing the installation on your handset.
Points To Remember
1. Backup all the important data, additional files and settings of the smartphone.
2. Make sure that your Galaxy A5 has atleast 80 percent or above battery charge to avoid power off during the installation process.
3. Ensure USB drivers of Galaxy A5 are installed on your computer.
4. Disable all security lock including pattern lock, pin, etc. in the device.
5. This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy A5 A500H. Installing this firmware on any other smartphone could brick the device.
6. Download below files to your computer.
Download: Android 5.0.2 A500HXXU1BOF6 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Download: Odin v3.09
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions
Step 1: Extract the Android 5.0.2 A500HXXU1BOF6, which you download earlier, to your computer.
Step 2: Install ODIN to your computer. (Please refer installation guide provided with ODIN v3.09)
Step 3: Switch off the smartphone and turn it into Download Mode. To enable Download Mode: press and hold the Volume Down + Home button + Power button together and follow on-screen instruction.
Step 4: Open ODIN on your computer, and connect the smartphone to your computer while it is in Download Mode.
Step 5: If the smartphone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes (in the ODIN application) will turn yellow with the COM port number. (This might take some time to complete).
Step 6: Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your Galaxy A5. These files are to be found from the extracted files.
Click on ‘AP' or 'PDA' and select file with ‘AP' or 'PDA' in its name.
Click on ‘CP' or 'Modem' and select file with ‘MODEM' in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC' and select file with ‘CSC' in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT' and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL' or 'Boot Loader' and select file with ‘BL' in it's name. Ignore if there is no such file.
Step 7: In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it only if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 8: Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and will take a few minutes to complete.
Step 9: After the installation is completed, your phone will automatically restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
Now your Samsung Galaxy A5 should be updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with build number HXXU1BOF6. To verify, go to device Settings >> About Phone and verify the details.