TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Nexus4 finally got an update and is now available over-the-air and is something similar to all other updates. The update, currently, is being sent out in a phased manner and this makes it clear that it will take a few days for all devices to get the update.
The new update contains enhanced settings and sounds. The update also includes a few changes in the download status bar of apps, performance improvements and security fixes. The app excludes LTE support that is present in the software of Nexus4. The update can be checked manually by Settings>>About Phone>> System Updates. Google will however notify its users once the update is ready on their phones. Users who do not want to wait for the update to come to their phone can also use the option of installing the update manually on their phones. The updated can be installed onto phones in two ways:
Installing Using Custom Recovery
Users who have TWRP or CWM installed on their phones can download the update file by clicking here and saving it to Nexus. Boot in recovery and then apply the updated file. Those who do not have custom recovery, can first download Nexus Tool Kit, install the drivers in it, and download the updated file to phone. Users should further go to advanced utilities, choose temp CWM option. Apply the update file when the phone boots.
Installing using ADB Sideload
Install ADB version to the computer and download updated file. Reboot Nexus4 while holding the down volume button simultaneously. An Android with a red exclamation button appears on the screen after which users should press volume up and power buttons together. A new menu will appear. Go to "apply ADB update". After this, connect Nexus4 to computer via a USB, open the folder into which the update was downloaded and "Open command Window here" will appear. Enter the following command and the update is ready.