TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Nexus4 finally got an update and is now available over-the-air and is something similar to all other updates. The update, currently, is being sent out in a phased manner and this makes it clear that it will take a few days for all devices to get the update.
The new update contains enhanced settings and sounds. The update also includes a few changes in the download status bar of apps, performance improvements and security fixes. The app excludes LTE support that is present in the software of Nexus4. The update can be checked manually by Settings>>About Phone>> System Updates. Google will however notify its users once the update is ready on their phones. Users who do not want to wait for the update to come to their phone can also use the option of installing the update manually on their phones. The updated can be installed onto phones in two ways:
Installing Using Custom Recovery
Users who have TWRP or CWM installed on their phones can download the update file by clicking here and saving it to Nexus. Boot in recovery and then apply the updated file. Those who do not have custom recovery, can first download Nexus Tool Kit, install the drivers in it, and download the updated file to phone. Users should further go to advanced utilities, choose temp CWM option. Apply the update file when the phone boots.
Installing using ADB Sideload
Install ADB version to the computer and download updated file. Reboot Nexus4 while holding the down volume button simultaneously. An Android with a red exclamation button appears on the screen after which users should press volume up and power buttons together. A new menu will appear. Go to "apply ADB update". After this, connect Nexus4 to computer via a USB, open the folder into which the update was downloaded and "Open command Window here" will appear. Enter the following command and the update is ready.