- 1 hr ago Best smartphones with 5000 mAh battery to buy in India
- 4 hrs ago How to watch horror movies, shows on Airtel Digital TV
- 8 hrs ago Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, Honor 20 Lite announced with quad cameras: Price, specs and more
- 10 hrs ago Skullcandy Indy review: A cheaper alternative to Apple AirPods
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- News Weather today: Isolated rains in Bengaluru, Delhi to experience wet day
- Movies Cannes 2019: Sonam Kapoor's White Tuxedo Gets A Twist; Her Boss Lady Look Is On Point!
- Sports Archer thinks IPL experience gives him World Cup advantage
- Automobiles Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- Finance Savings Account Vs Debt Funds: Which Is Better To Maintain Emergency Fund?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
5 ways to transfer data from laptop/PC to Android phone
Use these tricks to free-up the internal storage on your smartphone and computer
Phones can give laptops and desktops a run for their money in terms of computing ability but we’re still a little away from chucking the phone’s big cousin out the window, at least for a little while. And as long as they’re still breathing, data transfer between phones and PCs or laptops will be a necessity.
Zeroing in on the best technique from all the options available is not the easiest of tasks. The option that you should go for also depends on how big the file that you need to transfer and the number of files that you need to transfer. The options available to transfer files have been listed below:
The move to USB-C has left a lot of old USB cables redundant but the USB-C to USB-A cables that phones come with making it easy to transfer files between phones and laptops.
The steps are as follows:
a) Connect your phone to the PC
b) Click on the notification on your Android device labeled ‘Charging this device via USB.'
c) Under the option named Use USB for, choose File Transfer
The same procedure can be used for Mac as well, the only extra step is that you will need to install the Android File Transfer software.
Through Cloud Accounts
The Google Account on your phone gives you access to 15GB of cloud storage space. Install the Google Drive app on your laptop. You can also use Dropbox or Microsoft's OneDrive. When you set up Google Drive, after signing in, choose ‘Back up all file types' and then click Next.
On the next screen, choose Advanced Settings at the bottom. Choose Sync My Drive to this computer and then tap on OK.
This will create a Google Drive folder on your computer and everything in this folder syncs to and from your Drive account. If you wish to upload files to your phone, you just need to move them into the Drive folder. You can make the files available offline or download it on to your phone.
Email and messaging apps
Gmail limits you to 25MB in terms of the size of the attachments, WeTransfer allows you to send 2GB for free with no registration. Head to wetransfer.com, enter your email address and then drag your files into the browser window and hit send. The files are encrypted for security and get deleted after seven days.
Bluetooth is the best bet if you only have smaller files to transfer. To send a file over Bluetooth from your Windows 10 laptop to your phone, you will need to pair the two devices. Go to Settings>Devices and hit the toggle to turn on Bluetooth. Make sure it's enabled on your phone. Go to Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth and find your phone. Select it, click on Connect on your PC and then Pair on your phone to complete the process. To share a file over Bluetooth, go to Settings>Devices>Send or receive files via Bluetooth>Send files. And then choose the file you want to share.
This is the fastest option available and the best one to use for large files. Portal by Pushbullet is an app that you will need to install on your phone. Open a web browser on your laptop or desktop and go to portal.pushbullet.com where you will see a unique QR code. Open the Portal on your phone, click Scan and point it at your OR code to scan it. This establishes a direct wireless connection between your phone and desktop or laptop. You will need to do this every time you need to transfer files.
AirDroid and Feem are great options as well.