TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown
While the Nexus series has been on the market for almost 6 years, Google has finally delivered a product that promises to offer pure android experience. The Google Pixel and Pixel XL are the company's latest flagship products.
With feature such as full HD resolution storage, outstanding camera to Wi-Fi Assistant, Google Pixel exhibits a versatile collection of enhanced features. Google is aiming at making the user's smartphone experience quite remarkable.
However, if you are not aware of some outstanding Google Pixel settings, you must change it right away to make the most out of your device. Curious about the settings? Here's a list of six settings that you should change that will optimize the usage of your device and enhance user experience.
Pixel Shortcuts for Quick Access
So if you go to the Moves section, you can enable or disable a feature that quickly opens the camera. By double-pressing the power button, You can open the camera in an instant. Another feature also allows users to switch between the rear and front camera with a quick double-twist of the phone. A brief animation of the gesture in action can be seen by tapping the play button next to each Moves option.
Multi-functional Fingerprint Scanner
The fingerprint scanner can not only be used for unlocking the device but the scanner can be used as a touchpad. Users can pull down the notification shade by a mere swipe from any screen. The feature is disabled by default. You can easily turn it on by:
Open Settings > Moves and enable Swipe for Notifications
Enabling Wi-Fi Assistant
By enabling Pixel Wi-Fi assistant, users can limit the over consumption of their mobile data. The device automatically connects to known high quality networks and users can prevent data over usage as much as possible. The assistant also has a VPN service to keep personal information safe when connecting to a public network.
Here's how you can set up and use Wi-Fi assistant:
- Open the settings app
- Select Wi-Fi
- Tap Settings icon in the top-right corner
- Toggle the switch next to Use open Wi-Fi automatically to On
Maintain 4K Quality of Videos
Google comes with a 4K storage option. What's included with the Pixel is unlimited, full resolution storage on Google Photos. Users can now backup their high-resolution images and videos with no quality loss and at no extra cost.
To change video resolution to 4K:
- Scroll down and select Settings
- Select 4K under Back camera video resolution option
Set Up Google Photos
If you are looking for unlimited photo storage, be sure to launch Google Photos and set up the app. It will ensure that your photos and videos are backed up on the Google server or the cloud and you don't have to pay for it. However, be careful not to reset the phone before setting up the as you may lose all the data.
Optimize Google Assistant
Google Assistant is a revamped version of google now. Likewise, you can customize Google Assistant your own way and train the app to deliver what you require.
To get started,
- Long-press the home button to launch Google Assistant
- Tap the menu button in the top right corner followed by Settings
In the Settings menu, you're presented with a variety of customization options like setting up sources you want news from, customizing what information you want to include in your daily agenda or updating your personal details etc. You can change settings as per the way you want to.