- Best budget smartphones under Rs. 10,000 to buy this week: Moto E5, Alcatel 3V, Galaxy J4 and more
- Nokia 6.1 Plus user guide spotted on official website; India launch imminent
- Oppo F9 and F9 Pro get Bluetooth certified; August launch likely
- Upcoming Smartphones Expected with Gorilla Glass 6
- Xiaomi MIUI 10 global beta ROM 8.7.19 rolled out
- Week 29, 2018 launch round-up: Nokia 6.1, Nokia X5, Huawei nova 3i and more
Have you accidentally drenched your phone in water or damaged it in some other way? Don't panic and discard it as useless. There is still a chance that you will be able to save it.
If you act fast you can prevent your smartphone from being damaged by water without spending anything. Today, we came up with some tips that helps to recover water damaged smartphones. Have a look at the slider below to know more.
Turn off your smartphone immediately, when you phone comes contact with water.
Remove battery immediately after your smartphone get drenched. This will prevent short circuit in the hardware.
Remove the case of the phone. If the panels are detachable then remove it also.
Remove SIM cards and SD cards. Ensure that there is enough air circulation in the ports.
Dry up the phone's exterior using to prevent water from draining into openings in the phone.
Immerse the phone in a bowl of uncooked rice. Rice will absorb moisture retained in the device. Silica gel packs perform even better when it comes to absorbing moisture. If you have silica gel packs with you, use it instead of rice.
Next step is to ensure that all the retained moisture is dried off. For this, keep the phone in an air tight container for 24 hours, covering it up with a desiccant of your choice.
Once you are completely sure that the phone has been dried completely, re-insert the battery and check whether the phone is working or not.