TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Avalanche In Ladakh — 5 Bodies Recovered; 5 Feared Trapped
- New Tax Laws Help You To Save More This Tax Season — Here's How
- AFC Asian Cup 2019 — Full Schedule
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Amazon Echo is a hands-free smart speaker which you can control with your voice. Alexa, the cloud-based voice service from Amazon can be connected to it. It is packed with a ton of features that aims to and makes life much easier for its users, but as a couple in Portland, Oregon recently found out to their surprise, it can also, if the right factors fall into place, record and send your conversations to people without your permission.
After the couple contacted Amazon and got in touch with an Alexa representative, they were apologized to. After going through the logs of their Amazon Echo smart speaker, it was determined that Alexa misinterpreted a conversation that took place between the couple as a command to wake up and then send a message. When a person’s name was uttered in the conversation, this was also taken as a confirmation on the part of Alexa and the message was sent to that person.
Alexa misunderstood the conversation that took place and ended up sending the recording of that conversation to a random person whose name was present in their contact list. It is quite obvious that Alexa is far from a perfect system. Though it might not actually be the tool of a sinister stalker, it would ease a few nerves if you know how to listen to the recordings that Alexa has made and if you can delete the conversations you do not want to be kept around.
If you want to delete these files, you need to do the following:
1) Open the Alexa app, tap on the hamburger icon which can be found on the left side of the screen.
2) Click on Settings.
3) Scroll down and select History.
4) You can delete the voice recordings individually if you do not wish Alexa to have them.
After listening to all the recordings that have been made by Alexa, you have the option to delete the ones that you do not wish to keep around. The option called 'Delete Voice Recording’ can be used to get rid of all the recordings that you do not wish to keep around. You also have the option of sending feedback to Amazon about the recordings that have been made.