- 3 hrs ago Amazon Fab Phones Fest (Feb 26 to 29): Get Up To 40% Off On Budget Smartphones
- 10 hrs ago Huawei's Developer Day Summit 2020: Announcements That Caught Everyone's Attention
- 10 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy M31: The MegaMonster Phone With 64MP Quad Camera, 6000mAH Battery And sAMOLED Display
- 11 hrs ago Huawei MatePad Pro With 5G Support, Slim Bezels, M-Pencil Announced
- Movies Bheeshma Day 4 Box Office Collections: Nithiin’s Movie To Break Even This Week!
- News Violence in Delhi planned with eye on Trump visit: Juinor Home Minister
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Real Kashmir stay in the mix with narrow victory over Indian Arrows
- Lifestyle Your Full-Proof Guide On Planning Your Bridal Make-up
- Travel 8 Best Summer Beach Destinations In India
- Finance NPCI Launches ‘UPI Chalega' Campaign Targeting New Users
- Automobiles Honda City 2020 Model To Be Unveiled On 16 March: Details, Bookings And Expected Price
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
How to add custom ringtones and sounds on Android?
In fact, by setting a customised ringtone, you will be able to make your smartphone stand out in a crowd with its unique ringtone.
The best thing about an Android smartphone is that it allows the user to customise their device according to their need and will. If you don’t like the launcher, you can go for a new launcher. Similarly, if you don’t like the default ringtone of your Android device, you can use for your customized ringtones and sounds on Android.
In fact, by setting a customised ringtone, you will be able to make your smartphone stand out in a crowd with its unique ringtone. If you are wondering, how you can do it, don’t worry. We will tell you how to add custom ringtones and sounds on Android device.
How to add a ringtone of your choice on Android?
By default, your Android smartphone might have many ringtones. But the fact is, you can choose your ringtone better! Provided, you already have the ringtone that you want to set but don’t know how we will guide you. First thing first, you will need a file manager app. Every Android device has one file manager app. If you don’t have it, you can download one from Google Play Store. Download the ringtone that you want to have. Now, follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Find the ringtone that you want to set and the long-press it. You can similarly simultaneously choose many ringtones at once.
Step 2: Tap on 'Copy’. This will allow you to copy the ringtones from the original location.
Step 3: Go to 'Internal Memory and then find and open the 'Ringtones’ folder. Now, tap on 'Paste’. If you want the ringtone as your notification or alarm tone, place it either on 'Notifications folder’ or 'Alarms’ folder.
You can now set this sound as your ringtone from the Settings section. Most of the Android smartphones will immediately show the newly added ringtones. In case, your ring isn’t added immediately, reboot your smartphone and check again.
How to set your custom ringtone in Settings?
Now that you have added and placed the ringtone that you want in the proper folder let me tell you how to add your custom ringtone. Follow the steps given below, and you are good to go.
Step 1: Go to 'Settings’.
Step 2: Tap on 'Sound’. This might also be present at 'Sound and Display or 'Personalization’ section of your smartphone.
Step 3: Open 'Phone Ringtone’ and then select 'Custom Ringtone’.
Step 4: Tap on 'Save’.
Congrats, you have now successfully added your custom ringtone on the Android device.
How to apply a custom ringtone to a contact?
If you want to set a custom ringtone for someone special, follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Open “Contact”.
Step 2: Open the “Contact Name” for whom you want to have a customised ringtone.
Step 3: Tap on the three-dot menu present at the top right section of the screen.
Step 4: Tap on “Set Ringtone” and choose the ringtone that you want to have.
Step 5: Tap on 'Save”.
You have successfully added a custom ringtone for your contact!