- 22 min ago Oppo Working On In-House Smartphone Processor: What To Expect?
- 1 hr ago Realme Might Launch Smartphone With 5,000mAh Battery And Triple Camera
- 1 hr ago Apple iPhone 9 Tipped To Launch By March End: What To Expect
- 1 hr ago Samsung Galaxy Buds+ Available For Rs. 11,990 With EMI Options In India
- Movies Alia Bhatt’s Head Might Explode In Anger; Rangoli Chandel Insults Her In A Series Of Tweets
- Automobiles Images Of The Third Generation Hyundai i20 Leaked — All You Need To Know
- Sports ICC Women's T20 World Cup: India edge out West Indies in warm-up match
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Indians Are Increasingly Choosing Gold ETFs For Investment
- News Bengaluru: Fire breaks out near Prestige Lakeview Habitat; No injuries reported
- Lifestyle Who Is A Serial Dater And 7 Signs You Are Dating One
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
How to disable notifications on Chrome, Firefox, Safari and other browsers
Browser notification arrives whenever a site that you have visited updates blog posts or sends you a new email. These notifications might be important in the case of Gmail. However, most of the time it is only trash. For a seamless internet surfing, it is essential to stay away from the clutter created by browsers notification. The best way to avoid these notifications is to disable them from the browser.
How to disable notifications on Chrome?
Follow the steps given below to disable notifications from Chrome.
Step 1: Open your Chrome browser and click on the three-dot menu. Now click on "Settings."
Step 2: Scroll down and click on "Advanced."
Step 3: Click on "Content Settings" and then on "Notifications.
Step 4: Now disable the "Ask before sending" option by toggling it to the left.
Step 5: The "Blocked" message will be displayed on your screen now.
All the notifications from various websites will be automatically blocked now.
How to disable notifications on Safari?
Disabling notifications on Safari is quite easy. Here are the steps for blocking notifications on Safari.
Step 1: Open Safari browser and click on "Preferences" option available on the menu bar.
Step 2: Click on the "Websites" tab and then select "Notifications."
Step 3: Uncheck the box which has the option that says "Allow websites to ask for permission to send push notifications.
After completing the third step, you have successfully denied permission to the websites from sending you notifications.
How to disable notifications on Mozilla Firefox?
Disabling notifications on Mozilla is a bit complicated because it doesn't provide the users with the options of directly disabling the notification. Follow the steps given below to turn off notifications on Mozilla Firefox.
Step 1: In the address bar, type "about:config" and hit enter.
Step 2: You will be given a warning message, click on "I accept the risk."
Step 3: Now type "Notifications" in the Search Bar and then when you find it, double-click on "dom.webnotifications.enabled." The preference value after double-clicking on it will change to false.
Here, the false word indicates that you have successfully disabled receiving web notification.
How to disable notifications on Opera?
Disabling notifications from websites on Opera is effortless. Here's how you can do it.
Step 1: Open the Opera Browser and click on "Preferences."
Step 2: Click on "Websites and then scroll down to "Notifications."
Step 3: Select "Do not allow any site to show desktop notifications."
And you have now successfully managed to disable notifications on Opera.
Website notification is a boon to many but things become annoying when there is an overload of information. You can simply check the website of your preference to know the recent updates of it instead of spoiling your browsing experience by getting push notifications.