TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala: PM Modi Inaugurates Kollam Bypass; Assures 100 Percent Rural Connectivity
- India vs Australia 2nd ODI; As It Happened — Kohli, Dhoni Power India To 6-Wicket Win
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 — Exterior And Interiors Revealed In Official Video
- Xiaomi Redmi 7 Teased To Be Priced Around Rs. 8,500
- Interim Budget 2019 May Increase Income Tax Exemption Limit To Rs. 5 Lakh
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-timer In Una
- Kangana Takes A Jibe At Bollywood Again!
- Lisa Ray's Nature-Inspired Dress Makes For An Ideal Evening Party Wear
It looks like WhatsApp is on a song. The Facebook-owned company has been continuously adding new features to its both Android and iOS apps. After failing to acquire the Snapchat, couple of years ago, Facebook is replicating all the features of Snapchat in all of their platforms.
Recently, the social network giant added the image editing tools and last week, a news popped out online saying that the company is testing a new feature called 'Status', which is kind of similar to that Snap stories and its replica Instagram stories.
However, the feature isn't live yet in the public beta as well. But, there is a small trick with which you can enable the feature in your rooted Android smartphone right now. Read on to know how.
Step 1: Your Android Smartphone Should be Rooted
In order to get the new Status feature on your Android smartphone, your smartphone should be rooted and you must install the WhatsApp Beta 2.16.336 and above in your phone. To install the WhatsApp beta, you need to enroll in the service or you can directly download the apk from mirror hosting sites such as the apkmirror.com.
Step 2: Install Latest Version of ‘WA Tweaks’
Step 3: Open WA Tweaks and Grant Root Access
Now, you need to open the downloaded app and grant the root access. If you won't give the Superuser permissions to the application, it won't run and as a result, you won't be able to enable the feature.
Step 4: Follow the Below Steps!
After granting the root permissions to the application, you can see three options on your home screen- Enable Two-Factor Auth, Enable new home UI, Enable new contacts selector. Now, select the second option and re-open the application again.
Next, up, you need to press the hamburger menu present on the top left corner, then you can see an option ‘Extra', just click that and press the ‘Inject WhatsApp Chat Status'.
Step 5: Reboot Your Smartphone
Once after rebooting the smartphone, open your WhatsApp and check whether the new interface is enabled or not. If not, follow the procedure again and again till you receive the new interface.