- 4 min ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 1 hr ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 10 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- 13 hrs ago VingaJoy Maxo Bass Wireless Neckband – Foldable Design For Rs. 1,599
- Movies WHAT? Radhika Pandit Involving In Politics Because Of Yash? Fans Welcome The News!
- News NIA digs up a direct Pakistan link between Pakistan and ISIS in India
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Sports Messi 'bitter' after Argentina lose Copa America opener
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
How to find and remove duplicate files in your PC
Many of us have gone through the ritual of finding and thinking about which files to keep and which to get rid of when it comes to making space in our computers for something else. One of the major culprits that are often responsible for taking up a lot of space in a system is duplicate files.
Because of the frequency with which many of us perform copy and paste actions, there are cases where we end up having duplicates of movies that are quite big in size. Removing these duplicates from the computer will save a lot of memory. There are a few ways in which you can get rid of unnecessary duplicate files from your system and they have been listed below:
Duplicate File Finder
After installing the software in your operating system, you can select the folder that you want to check for duplicate files on your PC. On the right side, click on the "add" button and select the path to scan the file over the directory and click on OK. The software will now scan the files that you have selected and a message box will show you the duplicates. You can select the file and delete it.
Digital Volcano Duplicate Cleaner
Duplicate Cleaner will do a deep scan for all types of files like photos, music, films, video, Word documents and every other format you can think of. After they have been located, you will have the option of selecting the copies you wish to delete or move.
This software is great at finding duplicates of photos. After downloading the software, you will need to select a root folder or folders to find and catalog all your pictures. It then applies five image comparison filters to measure how close pairs of images on the hard drive are.
After downloading and installing CCleaner on your computer, you need to click on ‘Run CCleaner.' You need to pick "Tools" from the panel and find Duplicate Finder. You will need to pick the drive or folder in which you want to scan for duplicate files.
Easy Duplicate Finder
This software works in pretty much the same way as most of the other tools on this list. After installing the program, you will need to pick a folder in which you wish to look for duplicate files and click on ‘Start Scan.' Waiting for a few seconds or minutes will help you find the duplicate files which you can then remove.
This tool is available for all of the major platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux. You can get download it from the official webpage. After installing the program, you can click on ‘+' to locate the folder which you want to scan. Hit the scan button and go through the list to locate the duplicate files that will be highlighted in blue. Pick "Mark all" to select all the duplicate files. And then hit the ‘Delete' option in the Actions menu to delete the duplicate files.
Install the software and opening it will take you to an interface which allows you to select the folders that you wish to scan for duplicate files. Select ‘Duplicates' on the right-hand side window. Hit ‘Start Scanning' and wait until the scan is completed. From the list of duplicate files provided, pick the files you wish to delete and then select ‘Delete all market files.'