- Android 8.1 Oreo update suspended for the Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Now converting your Slack messages into ‘Real Tasks’ is only a click away
- Android 8.1 Oreo now available for the Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Twitter 'Twemoji' custom emojis will work on all Android version
- Best high-end Android Oreo smartphones to buy in India
- How to sync game progress across Android devices
If have ever tried to download an app for your Android smartphone in a third party app store, then you must have faced the confusion of choosing the right APK for your device. A single app has different versions meant for different device specifications. So, how do you know which app is for your device? Well, you can only know that if you have the correct information on your Android device.
If the app APK that you are trying to download has only one version, you won’t face any difficulty. But if it has multiple versions, you need to check your Android device info.
Necessary Information on Your Android Device
You need to have the following information about your device before you download an APK.
1. Android Version: It refers to the Android OS in which your smartphone is running.
2. Processor: You need to know the processor that is powering your device. Currently, most of the devices run on ARM processors (Qualcomm Snapdragon, Media Tek's processor).
3. Screen DPI: It refers to the pixel density of your smartphone.
Though you now know you should have this information, how will you gather the data?
How to Gather Your Android Device Info?
An app called Droid Hardware Info. Can be immensely helpful for you if you are looking forward to finding your Android device info for correct APK download. This app is available on Google Play Store and can be easily downloaded from there. The app gives you the following information about your smartphone:
1. Device Information: It includes the model, chipset, manufacturer, build number and Android OS of your smartphone.
2. System: You can know about the CPU architecture of your device from this section.
3. Display: In the display section, you will get information related to both resolution and screen DPI of your device.
The app gives you additional information regarding the memory, camera, thermal, battery and sensors of your device.
Download the app from Google Play Store and install it on your device. Once installed, open the app and then navigate to the device and system section to get the necessary information. When you have the information, match it with the information available in the app store from where you are downloading the APK. Download the APK that matches your device specification.
If you download the wrong APK, the app won't function on your device, and even if it does, it won't work correctly. Therefore, it is essential to download the correct APK for your device. You can now use the Droid Hardware Info. to have all the right information about your device.