- Movies Neha Pendse On Lockdown Being Compared To Bigg Boss: ‘BB Is True Hell, This Is La-la Land’
- Automobiles Top Bike News Of The Week: Bullet 350 BS6, Scooty Pep Plus, Bajaj Pulsar Range Launched & More
- Sports What's this boss? Dravid asked Iyer when he flirted with danger in last over of a 4-day match
- News Coronavirus: Shah Rukh Khan offers his office for BMC quarantine facility
- Lifestyle Can TB Vaccine Fight Against Coronavirus? What Do Studies Say?
- Finance Airlines Are Accepting Flight Bookings From 15 April
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
- Education ETS Offers At-Home Solutions For TOEFL And GRE Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on OnePlus 2 [CyanogenMod 14.1]
Follow the below step-by-step guide to install Android 7.0 Nougat on OnePlus 2.
A lot of OnePlus users have been waiting eagerly for their devices to taste the sweetness of Android 7.0 Nougat. However, people will have to wait for a while since the company promised to push the Nougat update to its devices before the end of 2016. Meaning, it might still take a month or so for your devices to receive the update.
That being said, here's the good news. CyanogenMod, one of the leading custom ROM developers has recently released the CM 14.1 firmware which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. What this means is that you can install the Nougat update right away without having to wait for the company to officially release it.
Below is the step-by-step guide to install the custom ROM on your OnePlus 2. But, before you start installing the custom ROM check out the prerequisites.
- Make sure your device's bootloader is unlocked.
- Install the custom recovery (TWRP/CWM), TWRP is recommended, though.
- Install device drivers on PC so that it'll recognise the device when connected later.
- Charge your device before starting the process, maintain at least 80% charge.
Step 1: Download the CM 14.1 custom ROM into your PC
Step 2: Copy the downloaded files to OnePlus 2's internal storage
Once you've downloaded both the files, connect OnePlus 2 to the computer and copy these files to the device's internal storage space.
Step 3: Disconnect it from PC and enter recovery mode
Next, disconnect the smartphone from PC and long press volume down and power button to enter recovery mode.
Step 4: Enter the TWRP menu and wipe the smartphone
Now, enter the TWRP settings menu, click on 'Wipe', select 'Swipe to Factory Reset' and wipe the smartphone's memory.
Step 5: Install the previously downloaded files on your smartphone
Next, install the previously downloaded files on your smartphone. To do this, return to TWRP settings menu, click on 'install', select the .zip file, and approve the installation by tapping on 'Swipe to Confirm Flash.'
Step 6: Experience Android 7.0 Nougat on your OnePlus 2
Wait for a while until you see the 'successful' message on your screen and voila! Start exploring the new features.