TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Apple was the first one to use Face Unlock on its smartphone. And now, using Face Unlock to unlock your smartphone has become a trend. Xiaomi fans will be happy to know that Xiaomi has followed the footsteps of Apple. Recently, Xiaomi has launched two smartphones in the Redmi Note series. Both Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 are an impressive smartphone with one of the best hardware and design that you can get in a budget smartphone. Both of them runs on Android 7.1 Nougat and is powered by MIUI 9.2.
Today, we will be focusing more on Redmi Note 5 Pro. It is now one of the hottest smartphone available in the budget series. It has dual camera, metallic design and full view display. The only thing which was missing in this incredible smartphone was the Face Unlock feature. Thankfully, Xiaomi has added the Face Unlock feature in the Redmi Note 5 Pro with its latest update. Today, we will tell you how you can set up and use Face Unlock feature on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5.
How to setup Face Unlock feature on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro?
Follow the steps given below to set up Face Unlock feature on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
• Go to 'Setting’ and then open 'About Phone’ and on 'System Update’, check for new system update.
• You will be presented with MIUI V188.8.131.52 NEIMIEK update. Tap on 'update’.
• The above process will download the update and will then install it on your device. The update is of about 1.6 GB, so make sure that you download it with an active Wi-Fi connection.
• After system update, when your smartphone reboots, go to 'Settings’.
• Open 'Lock Screen and Password’ and select 'Add face data’.
• A brief about the feature will be displayed on the screen. Tap on 'Next’.
• Now set a password for your Android device. It can be a PIN or a pattern. It is because the face unlock feature on Xiaomi is still not that secure. Having a backup password in case of emergencies is important.
• Now you can set the 'Face Unlock’ feature by aligning your face with the camera window. Keep your face at an angle where it is clearly visible and keep it steady. The smartphone will automatically analyse your face structure to use it on Face Unlock feature.
The Face Unlock feature of Redmi Note 5 Pro has been working good. It is only in the rare case that it fails. However, it should be noted that it cannot be compared with the face unlock feature of all new iPhone X. And therefore, we would like to advise you again to set secondary security for an emergency. Try the Face Unlock feature on Redmi Note 5 Pro and let us know if it has worked well for you.