- 5 hrs ago Poco M4 Pro 5G With Up 6GB RAM Spotted At FCC; When Is It Launching?
- 7 hrs ago Honor Band 6 Selling At Just Rs. 2,499 At Flipkart: Should You Buy?
- 9 hrs ago Oppo Reno7 Key Specifications Revealed Via New Leak; Expected Price, Launch Date
- 10 hrs ago Nothing Phone Expected To Launch In Early 2022; Power (1) Power Bank Also Coming Soon
- Movies Bigg Boss 15: Afsana Faces Salman Khan’s Wrath For Her Terrible Behaviour This Week In ‘Weekend Ka Vaar’
- Sports Chhetri draws level with Messi, India reclaim SAFF Championship crown
- News Robbers loot a Bengaluru-bound truck, run off with 9,000 mobile phones worth Rs 7 crore
- Automobiles 2021 KTM RC200 Arrives At Dealership: Gets Dual-Channel ABS As Standard
- Travel Rajasthan's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Finance Now Conduct Debit Card Services At New Micro ATMs of This Bank: Here’s How
- Lifestyle Sooryavanshi: All Set For Promotions, Katrina Kaif Looks Like A Dream In Her Floral Lehenga
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
How To Check If Your Smartphone Is Affected By Virus
In the internet era that we live in, all our gadgets are susceptible to be affected by viruses. There are cynical codes that make use of malicious software to access the sensitive information stored on computers and smartphones and make money out of the same. They sell these details on the dark web and generate revenue.
Like computers, smartphones are also susceptible to these viruses. Usually, the malicious software comes in the form of apps, ads and more. Hackers lock devices and encrypt personal information using ransomware.
Usually, it is believed that Android devices are susceptible to these viruses and malware but a recent report by Pensar notes that this is a misconception as there is a surge in the threats to iPhones. Eventually, it becomes essential to know if a phone has been affected by virus. While there is no simple way to find out if your phone is affected, one way to know is that malware performs repetitive tasks that consume a lot of resources and this can be an indication.
How To Find If There's Malware
If you want to find out if your smartphone is infected by malware, then here are some indications that will give you a hint.
- There will be heavy use of data as the virus will run a lot of background tasks and apps. Also, it will communicate with the internet frequently.
- The battery will drain faster as the malicious apps and software will be power-hungry.
- Malicious and suspicious ads will pop up as a sign of virus or malware. Usually, several sites will have pop-up ads but too many ads are not a good sign for your device.
- There will be a weird appearance of new apps on the home screen of your phone. These new apps might contain malware.
- Your phone might deliver a slower performance than usual.
How To Fix Your Virus-Infected Phone
If your smartphone is infected by virus, then you can follow the below steps to fix your phone.
Step 1: Check for the recently installed apps and delete the ones that have a low number of downloads and bad reviews.
Step 2: Clear your browser cache from your phone's settings.
Step 3: Install genuine anti-virus software that scans for malicious apps and software on a timely basis.
Step 4: If none of these work, then perform a factory reset to help fix the battery drain and improve performance. Before a factory reset, make sure you backup your important files from the device.